Tank Journal Archive

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Ok well hopefully they will be fine. The lemonpeel will be the biggest fish in there I think. Then the mystery wrasse, flame angel, mandarin. So all up I will only have. The 4 fish.

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Mini update -
Been struck with some sort of sickness which is pissing me off cause i dont know what it is !! having a full blood test to see whats up but the good news is I got a week off work!! yew! so a fair bit of that time will be spent playing on the tank i rekon ;) Getting my unit for the tank tomorrow, From DALUA. Really nice guys easy to work with and getting sent overnight cause theres no shops down here to sell to me! then getting some generous frags iven to me from a local reefer on Wednesday. Next payday will be all about corals and fish as cycle should be finished!!

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
bummer about getting crook bro!
I have had a crappy thing going on too, some sort of flu like thing (symptoms wise) but can be really shyt feeling this way. all my kids have had it in one form or another too. one of my twins had a 39.2 degree temp last night. lucky the medicine we gave her got it down to a safer level, any higher and it would of been off to the hospital. she is ok now though.

getting time to play fish tanks is good, but can be bad when you get stir crazy!

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Aww tell me about it! I got in the high 39s, but typical me wouldn't go to the hospital :/ good to hear the kids are getting better mate :)

Yeh good and bad, playing with it too much can be a bad thing sometimes!! ;)

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
to right.

and yea gotta keep that temp down, can be a killer, i have been there and hospitilised as I was to stubborn to go to a doctor. they got me better fairly quickly.

and yep, to much time and hands in the tank isnt a great thing

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
Concerning the fish list from the last page, make sure the Lemonpeel is larger than the Flame and that they're added at the same time. However in this size tank I wouldn't be doing either of them if I'm being totally honest with you - Flames are by far the most active of the genus and equal third for size (also probably the most aggressive non-Argi complex species), and Lemonpeels are the second largest of the genus and quite fighty (tied second behind Centropyge tibicen and Centropyge interruptus) so both do necessarily need a larger tank if kept in a community. In saying that, both tend not to integrate into communities in smaller systems very well anyway and as they age aggression will come to the fore - especially with two of the same genus.

Centropyge flavicauda, C. fisheri, C. shepardi, and C. bispinosa are about your only options here for a peaceful Centropyge in such a tank in a community. Even then I'd be sticking to a single specimen.

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Still cant take aphoto to save my life but had a play round with my brothers underwater camera.
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0722_1.jpg

Small anchora?
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0721_1.jpg

Goniopora Stokesi
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0735.jpg

one of the only half full tank shots without glare!
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0734.jpg

side on
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0733.jpg

in tank
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0730.jpg

wouldnt call it a FTS, but gives u an idea of the 'scape. Tood much glare in the arvos for a front on

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Thanks man :) I said this wouldnt be a SPS tank but i caved and got some frags off a local reefer.
1x encrusting Dallas
1x purple Pocci
1x tiny tri colour pocci
1x short stubby blue and green one I cant remember what he said it was ha

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Thanks mate. To be honest I stuffed it up when I tried to stain it! But oh well. Made it 4x2 so I can convince the parents I need a 4x2 eventually cause this little tank looks stupid on such a big stand! ;)

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
*POLYPS OUT FOR THE LADS*
Some frags from a fellow reefer... hopefully return the favour when this thing hurries up and matures a bit!
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0746.jpg

SPS Rock
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0748.jpg

Purple Pocci? Someone care to help me out?
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0749.jpg

Dallas
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0750.jpg

wouldnt have a clue,but has a bluish base with green tips/polyps
ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb362_wmackay1991_DSCF0751.jpg

again dont know, but has yellow base with purple upper body

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Went to fullofish in Beverley hills today, looking for coral. But came across an extremely healthy and full of life centropyge elibi. Watched the guy at the lfs squirt hus food mix into the tank and the angel went nuts! Has a great little personality and was swimming around picking at the rocks straight away!

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Bit of an update, still overrun with hair algae! All through the substrate, only short but quite substantial on the rocks, the angel is still picking but just can't get on top of it! I think I need a clean up crew, only have one snail :/ running phosgaurd to see if it's because of any phosphates.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
See if you can pick up 10 or 15 turbo's - people are often selling small ones fairly cheaply. They will soon grow and then breed :)

V

'vspec'

Where's the Doors song " Break on through to the other side" when you need it. :)
Ahh, the joys of new tanks. Coming along in leaps and bounds bud.
Whats your PO4 reading if thats the case?

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Thanks mate. Happy to say algae is nearly gone :) thanks to my establishing DSB, fuge, a bag of phosgaurd and Benny the blenny ;) plus my clean up crew. SPS frags are going great guns, not much growth but alot more colour! So I guess my parameters are stabilizing slowly

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Mini update, everything is going great, I swear the less I touch my tank the better it gets?! Just doing regular water changes and I haven't had to use the algae magnet on my glass in a week :) SPS frags continue
To colour up, not much growth so I'm thinking my lighting is a but blue for them.
Thinking about a small clam and young gigantic or crispa with a pair of clowns soon.