Tank Journal Archive

Woody Mackay

Oct 17, 2011
Haha nah its all good, all in good nature ;) not used to moderators letting this chit chat go on in a thread!! its good!

But soon it will be back to topic cause I will have updates later this week!

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
MINI UPDATE:
got all the parts to wire up my electrical panel, have temp controller coming within the week. Paint and clad the stand tomorrow, plus have about 5 kg of base rock ready to go in and be seeded :)

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
That stand looks great , Nice work mate :)

As with the screws in the mouth , You could put a piece of sponge / foam in a container lid Maybe an engine oil lid ? , Then add a small amount of oil ,
Just dip the screw in the foam ,
I've used that for metal framing years ago , It stopped the screw heads breaking and made them easier to screw in ,
Maybe a cake of soap would work well for wood tho ?

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Cheers bud :) haha I wish I had u guys before I built and screwed it! My forearms hate me! But that would be a good idea

Woody Mackay

Oct 17, 2011
UPDATE:
*Stand painted and cladded... ready to go!
*electrical panel being done this arvo, got all the stuff
*Got all the plumbing to do this weekend
*next pay will be the DIY LED display lighting
*Put my order in at guppys just then (skimmer, ATO, filter sock and mount etc).... only now am i actually seeing my tank coming together haha wooo!!
should be wet within 3 weeks!!

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Well I figured the money I will spend on DIYing LEDs will only be about as much as shitty bsled units. Actually copying your unit matt ;) haha. 18 blue (9 royal and 9 normal blue) 18 white (12 cool white 6 warm white) 2 purple 2 uv :) meanwell dimmable drivers, with a nice black heatsink. If I think I need more light I'll add another driver, 6 blue 4 white 2 uv :) just don't know how bright the 40 will be over my tank yet