Tank Journal Archive

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Looking good.

Strombs don't like climbing over rocks all the much (in the picture above yours almost looks to be between a rock and a hard place ;)) - mine also like following the glass all around the tank so maybe you could make sure that there is a clear path right around the outside big enough for a stromb to fit through??

Jeso

Oct 26, 2011
Main Beach GC
yeh there are
Looking good.

Strombs don't like climbing over rocks all the much (in the picture above yours almost looks to be between a rock and a hard place ;)) - mine also like following the glass all around the tank so maybe you could make sure that there is a clear path right around the outside big enough for a stromb to fit through??
yeh there are a few small rocks i need to move around still that are near the glass. will do that tommorow. they are really cool to watch tho. had a great laugh when they first started moving around.

Jeso

Oct 26, 2011
Main Beach GC
Changed my mind again... New plans for stocking

2 x Ocellaris Clown Sml
1 x Yellowhead Jawfish or a few Firefish or both ??
1 x Mandarin Dragonet
1 x lunar wrasse sml
1 x dwarf yellow tang or 1 x coral beauty or both
2 x coral banded shrimp

too many for a tank this size?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Jeso - you talk about small clowns, small lunar wrasse and dwarf yellow tang - what are your plans when they grow??

As a starting point I would say that the lunar wrasse and yellow tang grow too large for your tank. The mandarin may be OK after your tank is well established but they primarily feed on copepods etc and can be difficult to convert to standard foods. Firefish are generally solitary fish so one is usually best.

Jeso

Oct 26, 2011
Main Beach GC
Jeso - you talk about small clowns, small lunar wrasse and dwarf yellow tang - what are your plans when they grow??

As a starting point I would say that the lunar wrasse and yellow tang grow too large for your tank. The mandarin may be OK after your tank is well established but they primarily feed on copepods etc and can be difficult to convert to standard foods. Firefish are generally solitary fish so one is usually best.
I know i talk of small now and yes they will get bigger. I have already started setting up a 5ft tank at work. By the time these fullas get too big for the tank they are going straight into this tank. Other than the size issue which im pretty sure I have covered do you see any other problems with these choices?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i could see there being stability issues in such a small tank. i would hang on the angel and tang untill you have the big tank ready! :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
what did you do to the photos? they dont look bad. i usualy just down the brightness or up acording. add contrast and saturation