Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
do you like the heat sink design :P its the best i could come up with! no way it could possibly fall into the tank :D

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
yeah the design is heaps good:worship ...... but seeing as its going to be sitting in the lounge room i figured id try and make it look as much like a single unit as i could :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
wow the scape fits!! and that heatsink looks much better. did you spray the fan? (i would use the fan gets a lil hot without it!)
and rotate your damn pictures before upload!!! :D

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
its the stupid iphone ! i take the pic upright and it loads to the pc sideways ?!?!?!

nah didn't spray the fan it was already black ! might do the bolts tho there still silver......

the scape actually fits quite well fills the tank but still leaves clearance for cleaning the sides :D i may add a few more rocks to the main one tho to build it up a little higher ??

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
So after waiting ages for it to cycle I finally added some liveStock this Arvo....... I few small zoa colonies a green torch an orange fungia and a hermit an snail...... Will wait a week or so to add the sexy shrimp and coral goby ...... Pics up soon when they start to open up....

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
waters a bit murky from cleaning the glass but it shows the current layout...... will obviously be adding more zoas as frags become available to me :cool: and Matt i said a week or so till the goby goes in its been running since the 11th so 2 weeks........ ill add the sexy in a week then the goby a week later... i specifically bought a tiny goby too its only about 20mm long if that :rolleyes

Attachments

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
It seems I cant open the pics... I want to see my gravel in there!

Dont rush with stocking it mate... its only a small tank and will take longer to adapt to changes in stocking levels as you will be on the borderline of overstocking with only a small stock list... dont push your luck!

Good luck.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I managed to load the pics... just have to load them in another window! I love the look of the black gravel.... hopefully it doesnt get too funky like it did in my tank!

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
once the sexy and goby are in there im only going to be adding more frags so will be 6-8 POLYPS at a time every couple weeks the rest will just be the growth of the existing colonies.....

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
i do weekly 1.5L water changes in which i vacuum the gravel each time so it "should" stay pretty clean.......:confused:

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I do ~10% water changes every week and heavily vacuum the gravel.... Its not enough! I am having some trouble with algae at the moment but the gravel has always shown up any mess really badly! It looks great dont get me wrong but it doesnt take much to make it look crap...