Tank Journal Archive

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Apparently are initially male when they become sexually mature but then become simultaneous hermaphrodites a year later

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
that thing is tiny!!

on another note , how did you manage to scratch the acrylic? you will have to polish it out!

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I don't know :( I assume I picked up a piece of gravel with the mag cleaner being black I didn't see it..... I don't remember it happening it was just there one day !

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
so ive decided to change the leds on the ibox.... im changing to 2 royal blue 2 cool white one red one green and hopefully one uv through magicJ

the red, green and violet arent going to be used every day im more putting them in to see what they look like? all the led's will all be run through a small switch box that will sit at the back of the tank with individual switches for each led..

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
so ive decided to change the leds on the ibox.... im changing to 2 royal blue 2 cool white one red one green and hopefully one uv through magicJ

the red, green and violet arent going to be used every day im more putting them in to see what they look like? all the led's will all be run through a small switch box that will sit at the back of the tank with individual switches for each led..
Remeber you have to have a certain amount of LEDs on that driver or it blows them all and the LEDs need to be run in series

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
By memory it was 4 x3w LEDs. You will have to check tho ! By switch how do you plan on that?a switch will break the circuit ?

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Well I was going to use dpdt switches (on/on) but will the momentary off blow the LEDs ?
One side of each switch will have the led Inline the other side just a wire bypassing the led

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Actually I think this will work ?! I'll have the 4 blue/white constantly on (no switches) and the red/green/uv on the dpdt switches that way I'll have at least 4 always on and then just adding the extra LEDs when I feel like looking at a different colour :)

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Well there is a main switch on the timer so I'll just throw that before I change the colours :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i would go for a purple rather then a red. wont mix well with that many blues and whites, same with the green,

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I'm getting a violet From magic and If it looks good I may end up having that on full time as well the red and green are more going on for pure curiosity I'll prob only turn them on twice and then get sick of it :P

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Coral gobies live in groups in the wild. but can be aggressive toward one another in a small tank. I wouldn't add another one unless you are swapping out your single one for an established pair