Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
If anything it will be less flow.
i had a vortech mp40, and a hydor k3.
tunzes should be nice and quiet and provide nice alternating flow ;)
i think ill run 5000lph through each tunze constantly alternating between pump 1 and 2.
if i need to i could also leave the hydor in there to
I think you will find them to be powerful yet gentle. Great upgrade.
I want to see that Goni dance. mmm mmm mmm mighty fine :drool
I think I've got pump envy LOL

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
LOL, i dont run much flow! i only had my vorech at max half,
its hard to keep all the coral happy. the goni and morphs/ rhodactus's hate the flow . hammers only like moderate flow to. and i havent had an issue yet with the sps in the lower flow so i think ill keep it that way.

S1L3NT

Jul 17, 2011
Out of curiosity matt, do you see any die off on the back of the goni which would not be getting much flow/light?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Out of curiosity matt, do you see any die off on the back of the goni which would not be getting much flow/light?
at the moment no as all of its body gets light. its body is around the size of a baseball. but all its tenticals extent double that. seems to be surviveing fine and folorishing i have noticed increase in tentical numbers and an increase in colouration. it definitely responds well to the variety of coral food

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
Looks like the scape is settling in. I cant believe how big that green morph is getting - but i thikn its the orange ones that stand out so much. The greens and purples blend in with the overall colour of the tank and then the orange just bursts out- Soooo nice mate

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
4 months? i got them off a friend they were his prized coral before he shut his systems down!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
moved away from the hobby. he was mass scale tho!!.
also have some more suprises that i cant reveal coming for my tank :)

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
awesome, what are they LOL

its a good way to get some stuff cheap when people decided to shut down there systems. but it always is a little sad when they do isnt it

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Hows this for quick shipping. ordered from germany on the 1st. love the way you can see where it is to much better then aus post tracking.
getting excited for my pumps!!
4-08-2011 1-41-55 PM.jpg

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Nice. I ordered some server parts from the US about 10 years ago, and they shipped via FedEx - first time I'd ever seen a properly functional logistics management system. Could track it all the way across the US. It spent longer getting to me once it landed in Sydney than it spent between being picked, packed, and shipped out of the US.
Nice to see serious freight companies providing decent shipping info - gives you that bit of security of knowing where you new toys are :D