Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i have been informed some of my toys are on their way and should be here within the next few weeks .:eek:
getting anxious!!!

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Matt, have you been able to find out what the hold-up has been? I am close to ordering but not if there is a major problem somewhere!!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
im talking about some different toys shane!!:cool:

my tunze pumps havent landed in Aus yet, im guessing its just being delayed a little. so far its been over a month since order so it should hopefuly be arriving soon!!!

cant wait for toys:drool

on another topic. had lots of issues with my poor ventralis anthias but things are starting to look good.
i even removed the large squami anthia so that they wouldnt get attacked but who would have known that every fish in the tank would give them hell!!.
first day was the worst small female lost alot of fin, the next day the male got a beating and managed to get "pop eye" in one of his eyes what was realy devestating. a week into melefix treatment and things are looking great the eye is 80 pct healed and he should be fine.
they have also been eating like pigs what is great!!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Updated Fish List
-1x orchid Dottyback
-1x bicolour blenny
-1x flame angel
-1x lemonpeel angel
-1x squami anthia
-1x flame hawk
-1x cleaner wrasse
-1x Redline cleaner shrimp
-2x Blue-green Chromis
-2x Ventralis Anthias, male and female

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
not a problem in a world. i also have 3 pep shrimps in there and it doesent touch it either.
the redlines large size, flame hawks medium to large,

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
some goodies arrived the other day,
some tunze pumps woho!:eek:
came very poorly packed (problem of DHL) as the box was wet and half hanging open.
it looked like a hobbos shelter,

pumps are so far great, still working out how to set them up how i like them but they are dead silent what i was hoping for. happy days

now i just have to wait for the rest of my toys to arrive :D

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Great news Matt. How do they compare in size to the Vortechs? Had any problems setting up the 7096 controller?
Maybe you could do a review ;)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
just the layout on the pc is rather stuiped. could be layed out better but its all functionable.
the pumps are actualy small same as my tiny 2000LPH tunze pump. glad they had the rubber feet makes vibrations minimal. cords are nice and long. super quiet compared to the vortech's

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Male ventralis is in a trap now so his tail should hopefully heal up. Female is still out with all the other fish and all settled in what's great.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Matt, how do you like the flow from the two 6055's? Do you run them at 100%?
I am still tossing up between the 6055's and 6105's for my tank :confused:

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
if anything on 100 pct it makes my coral unhappy (to much flow) in saying that tho majority of my corals are lps and morphs etc :cool:
i run them alternating between 50 and 80 pct at seperate times :D