Tank Journal Archive

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
Well before i jump on carbon dosing got some issues... my phos is reading 0.03 so i may be phosphate limited when trying to carbon dose so im attemping water changes and reduced feeding to see if i can stay on top of it this way and then if it wont stay down try another method... but currently after another 4 x 20L today / last night my nitrates reading between 0-5 hard to tell with the colour shading with try my lfs's low range hanna tomorrow to get an accurate reading and continue to test to see how much and how fast they rise..

cheers !

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
hoping the aptisa problem gets under control.. got now 9 peppermints in the dt and 2 in the sump... they bloody better start to put more of a dint into them plauge in my tank then the first two have... think i'll be starving the tank for a few days to get them nice and hungry.. yeah 9 seems a lot but I swapped 7 for a cleaner and still got another cleaner in there so it wasn't such a bad fork out, once there done their job though ill prob cut back to 2 - 4 and sell the remaining..

keep you posted fingers crossed as i wouldn't mind getting some rare zoa's back in there which where all wiped out :(

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
New acan went in.. looks good next to the other ones blue purple with orange and green center's slowly coming out only put it in the tank half an hour ago... frag looking pretty full hopefully they all pull through...

Waters looking pretty spot on atm...

Nitrates 0 (Finally !!)
Phos 0.03
Calc 380 (increasing slowly to 420)
Salinity 1.026
Ph 8.2
Alk 9
0 for the usuals (ammonia,nitrite)
Mag 1320
Iodine (yet to test)

Might start vodka dosing this week to try keep on top of both of them while their low

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
Got a copper band tonight on the way home from work was only meant to pick up some RO water but ended up walking out with this guy.. looks super healthy but might take a bit to get him feeding atm it looks asthough his not taking to much but only been in the tank for 30mins so will see in the coming days, anyone got some tips to shoot my way ?

But in the mean time his happy to let the cleaner ride him like a surf board... go figure :D

20120613_190846.jpg

Reactions: MTG

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
pretty darn small.... came home to no more feather dusters left haha a little annoying but knew he'd more then likely go for them at least his eating... trying to get him to eat the live brine but even being picky with that so hoping he holds up... more then anything hoping he get's interested in my ap's still hanging around !

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
not all... only put a dint into it hence the new copper band... might starve the tank next two days.. see if they change their mind again...

brought so new zoa's today along with a mini purple/blue goni which is really cool also some aqua blue morphs, crazy orange ones too so starting up a little morph / zoa island and moved a few corals around to make way for more future buy's :D

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
Thanks ! been looking at a few upgrade ideas if I possibly move out down the track I think i'd continue with a something similar but shallow, long and deep width wise close to a shallow rectangle...

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
Nearly :/ not quite still trying to keep the copper band well fed so he doesnt starve as their quite hard to get feeding but in return filling him up too much and the pep's i think to the point they cant be bothered eating the aiptasis so i'm going to cut back feeding again next two days and try target feed just the copperband.. but the majority have been eaten just a few here and there that might even be too large for them to touch ?

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
here few update pictures.. picked up two awsome coloured goni's a fluro pink and blue one the pinks taking its time to come out but blue was out within a day.. hopefully i'll be able to keep both of them but heard they can be hit and miss.. also got some new photo's of the newbie in the tank, quite the poser she seems.

DSC02596.JPG

DSC02599.JPG

DSC02607.JPG

DSC02602.JPG

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
Quickly taken new FTS, nem's little closed up / hugging the rocks might take a new one later ones it opens back up after feeding...

DSC02608-001.JPG