Reef Discussion

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
And @rockerpeller they're awesome, aren't they?! I'm hoping that these ones spread onto the surrounding rocks so that I can then frag up the mother colony :-D
They are great for cover. I've noticed they don't like too much light and have grown over the tiles in the opposite direction to the coral flares. Interesting experiment with surrounding these guys. Now that I know how to frag them, I'm sure I'll have more ready soon.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
They are nice, I find it difficult to get the florescent pop to show in a pic, but they always stand out from the others surrounding IRL. Looks like you used a bit of blue light in the photo to show them well.

Pete
Great name for them, by the way :D

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
here are some average slightly out of focus ones of mine.... i need a macro lens!

Gold and Red with Biege centre

zoa\'s 017.jpg

Blue with green ring and Orange centre

zoa\'s 054.jpg

Red People Eaters three different varients

zoa\'s 074.jpg

The Hornets

zoa\'s 038.jpg

Orange, Green and Yellows

zoa\'s 057.jpg

zoa\'s 087.jpg

zoa\'s 089.jpg

zoa\'s1 013.jpg

Eagle Eyes

zoa\'s1 014.jpg

The pick of the pics the rest are worse than these.

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
@Sarg - What lights are you running? We have the same People Eaters as you (deep red with green mouths) and they became quite long back in the old tank under T5s, but in spite of being moved to LEDs, they've not shrunk back down :/

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
@Sarg - What lights are you running? We have the same People Eaters as you (deep red with green mouths) and they became quite long back in the old tank under T5s, but in spite of being moved to LEDs, they've not shrunk back down :/
Maybe move them to a spot with more intense light? Under my old leds the zoas used to "reach up" and I think they werent getting enough. Here is an old pic of the eagle eyes and pinks....

coralpics 6 057 (Large).jpg

See them all reaching up, even though they are on the sand they used to be 1/3 up the old scape and were the same, and now they are flat pancakes!

Here are the pinks hugging the rock still on the bottom....

zoa\'s 107 (Large).jpg

They are under an ATI hybrid light. Im only running the four of the t5's for an hour a day the rest is led. It seems to pack a fair punch! I thought t5's would have had them flat as a tack!

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
Maybe move them to a spot with more intense light? Under my old leds the zoas used to "reach up" and I think they werent getting enough. Here is an old pic of the eagle eyes and pinks....

View attachment 18196

See them all reaching up, even though they are on the sand they used to be 1/3 up the old scape and were the same, and now they are flat pancakes!

Here are the pinks hugging the rock still on the bottom....

View attachment 18197

They are under an ATI hybrid light. Im only running the four of the t5's for an hour a day the rest is led. It seems to pack a fair punch! I thought t5's would have had them flat as a tack!
Hmmm. Thank you!

They're about 1/3+ up the tank off the floor and they're just over an inch long *shock* And even worse, I fragged them a few months back (just took two polyps) and they reside up on the frag rack - about 20cm from the surface - and they're STILL about 1.5cm long!! And next to them (up on the frag rack) I have my Canary Yellows from Oceanarium and they're over an INCH!!

Not happy, Jan :(

Might have to see if I can swindle a visit from @Synodontis one day so he can set our lights up properly. Me = retarded lol

And @Jimmy - I'll swap you some zoa frags for a ric :P