Off-Topic

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Originally got them to eat the grass, grow them on for 12 months, butcher them and then get some more - it was a good plan :). Then the kids gave them names :confused:Then I couldn't be bothered finding someone to butcher them.
Now they are probably too old to eat - so I guess they are now pets :D

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
as soon as you give them a name it makes it hard to butcher them. I had a kelpie for 15 years, poor girl ended up with cancer. havent gotten another one as the kids arent old enough yet, maybe in a year or two more :)

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
haha, dunno bout the doodle part, but love labs. especially the choc labs! great family dogs :D I got the space for it too. to bad the kiddies are still bit small. it would knock them down all to easy!

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
yea thats a good part bro!

when we had our kelpie, we first got her up in darwin, she was getting hair cuts all the time with an old pair of clippers. we think she appreciated it :D

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
My dog overheats in summer, too big and bulky, cost me a fair bit in vet bills when he stressed himself out last year needed an overnight stay whilst on an I've drip. So now when temp is predicted to get over 35 he stays inside under the air con

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
No pic, but we have an english pointer, for those who don't know, similar to a german shorthaired pointer...the best pet and the world's biggest lapdog....sleeps on the bed or couch and snores!!! but we love her..will get a pic

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
My dog overheats in summer, too big and bulky, cost me a fair bit in vet bills when he stressed himself out last year needed an overnight stay whilst on an I've drip. So now when temp is predicted to get over 35 he stays inside under the air con
Staffies are known to overheat-in summer I always take mine asap early morning for walks. I always worry about the ones you see with their owners being taken for a walk at midday!

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
yea thats a good part bro!

when we had our kelpie, we first got her up in darwin, she was getting hair cuts all the time with an old pair of clippers. we think she appreciated it :D
Slightly off topic-have you seen Red Dog