Tank Journal Archive

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
So it's a boring rainy Sunday here and I decided to do an entire rescape....... I've decided to give "the wall" a go I'll post up some pics when the fog clears;)

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
OMG! OMG! OMG! got my illumagic today its all setup ! The light difference is PHENOMENAL ! So much less light spill onto the glass and the colour and crispness of the light is unrivaled to anything i have seen ! a few pics first at 100% then at about half way through the sunset cycle
P1020822.JPG
P1020825.JPG
P1020824.JPG
P1020823.JPG

Dean

Jan 7, 2012
Mulgrave
Hey Josh, just checked out your TJ nice setup, love the scape too.
That new LED makes your tank look bad ass!
the colours are amazing.
thinking i'll have to upgrade to something similar to this. ;)

Would love to see some pictures of growth over the coming weeks.

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
yeah ill def be putting some new pics up in the coming weeks but ill be moving a few corals around now to get them into their optimum light level areas...

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
just gotta get onto this algae issue ! need another reactor to run some rowaphos for a bit to suck it down then topup my biopellets and once there into gear ill use the new reactor to run carbon.... i run it 24/7 as i have few softies in there

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Light looks schmick , enjoy it, it served me well! how does it compare to the old BSled unit?

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Light looks schmick , enjoy it, it served me well! how does it compare to the old BSled unit?
while the BSLED was good i got good PE and everything was growing...... the color and crispness shits all over it !
also looking forward to not scrubbing my glass every 2 days from light spill:D

i owe a massive thankyou to Matt for letting this go so cheaply as i know he could have asked for much more and gotten it (albeit from someone else cause im broke as shit now ;) )

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
misus removed your access to the bank account yet? enjoy the light they really are a quality fixture

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
It was a trade off I'm selling my hi flowed turbo I have for my r34 Ill just have to settle for 12psi for a while ;)

Btw I had to turn the dim down on the moon light it was still way to bright ! I have it on uv5 bl 5 and dim 0 :) its in the office with no other light so I can still see everything even that dull !

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Which hi-flow? gcg?

Anyways just get a toshi remap done on your stock ecu. Will be same power/tune as say a power fc on stock turbo. That way you save money and then in the future you can get a power fc when you go bigger turbo. Dont forget bigger injectors :)

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Nah it's a hypergear hi flow..... Standard compressor housing machined out to fit the biggest possible and a new garret a/r.82 rear with a 14psi actuator ..... What sucks about the 34s Standard turbo is you can't go much over 12 as the compressor wheel glue tends to melt and let go :(

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
You can push it to 13-14psi as long as you dont trash it all the time. Plus also depends how thrashed the car was in japan.
If you going to do hi-flow might as well do injectors, fuel pump,cams and do it all properly :P
Dont sell the hi-flow.. You will regret it!!