Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
the lights do look the part! Id love to see you do a review on them after a few months of use/growth

Im amazed at how quick the xenia has "settled" in considering it was only hacked off a few hours ago

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Yer it's really looking nice. Almost doubled in size since I put it in. Still probably only 2/3 ofthe size it was in your dads tank but yer, after 6 hours it's looking good

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
the only mod I can find is for noise? I will see how it runs without the mod first. It has a tiny crack in the bottom but I might just glue it, it wont effect the unit at all either way.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
how wide is it from the inlet to the end of the outlet? its for a gift for somebody on here who doesnt have a skimmer but they have a really narrow spot to put it

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
yeah too wide unfortunately needs to fit into a 12cm area, are you impressed with the upgrade?

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
definitely. Its a tight fit under the lights but just makes it. Really easy to assemble and literally makes no noise. I turned the tv etc off and could not hear a thing, wont bother modding unless this changes.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
taking a bit longer than I expected to run in, mainly as most people say it starts producing skimmate after about 2 hours. But this morning the middle chamber is almost full so I expect by the time I get home from work the cup should have some liquid in it and I can start seeing what its pulling out.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Ive found a vinegar bath first up removes alot of the oils and releasing agents used on the plastic moulds to help it break in quicker. I probably wouldnt worry about it now but i wouldnt be suprised if it takes a week or so to break in.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
came home and the skimmer cup was full of water. Instructions say to adjust until the bubbles are at the bottom of the cup. It was slowly building up last night and this morning they had just reached the top, then I come home and its full of water?

Any suggestions?