Tank Journal Archive

Donskis 38L nano
This is my new little nano still in its cycling process
ai1203.photobucket.com_albums_bb389_donski84_2011_07_14181413.jpg

Tank is a jebo r338 38cm x 27cm x 46cm

Lighting is taken care of by 120w of leds goodness raised 45cm above the tank which lights up the whole room

Flow is by a hydor koralia nano 1600

Extra filtration by weekly 10-20% water changes and 2 hang on filters
1. elite hush 20 filled with seachem matrix and adding some purigen
2. elite hush 35 i am going to mod into a hob fuge with macro

Stocking plan is 2 little clowns, a coral banded shrimp
Coral plan is for a few different coloured acros but if water quality appears to be an issue will go lps but will wait and see

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
:welcome
looks great love the rock work!
perfect spot for a Suncoral under that ledge in the darkness!
is it one of those BS leds?
is it hard to clean the glass of the tank with the rock so close?

:welcome
looks great love the rock work!
perfect spot for a Suncoral under that ledge in the darkness!
is it one of those BS leds?
is it hard to clean the glass of the tank with the rock so close?
Thanks, i am going to change the rocks slightly, just going to dig them more into the sand to make the top rock lower and try to move more away from the glass but with the same basic shape
Not sure if its bsled, got it second hand. It only has the one power cord so its either all on or all off

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
All the chinease brands look similar. that will be HEAPS of light for that size tank. will be great for SPS,
do you have a magnet cleaner yet? i try not let anything get that close to the glass that i cant clean it. makes it a paint latter on
:rolleyes

Attachments

yeah got the magnet cleaner, going to use that as my guide for how far from the glass the rock will be. Tank has only been cycling for 3 day so still plenty of time to play around

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i also found that if its to close to the glass you cant stick corals off the side of the rockwork what looks fantastic in a sps system.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
nows the perfect time to do it before it has corals and fish in it.
i do like how it looks now but i think you might have issues with flow/lack of light on the bottom?
got any ideas in mind?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
wont be an issue then. using putty and cable ties to make rock structures allways gives off an interesting effect

tested out the second filter and it does not work :mad: so not having the hang on fuge.
I have ordered my purigen and some phosguard, should i start using them as soon as they arrive or wait until after the cycle ?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I aquascaped with dead rock - it is amazing how quickly it gets covered in tube worms, tunicates etc after you add a few corals. Coralline algae might take a bit longer though ....