Reef Discussion

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
coral id?
Hey just wondering if someone could help me id this coral, my gf baught it coz she liked the colours, but didn't even find out what it was.
It lives in a rock of its own that has heaps of little tubes comming out of it, out of each of these tubes comes some brown tenticles with green tips to them.
I cant upload pics atm, but i am willing to txt a pic to someone who might know what it is.
cheers guys

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
The rock looks somewhat like it, except mines white, just like a piece of lr, but it does have the tenticles of the hammer/torch or whatever that one is

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
While im at it might as well ask what these guys are, the pink one was given to us, but the brown one has been growing quite rappidly on a piece of LR that it sprouted from.
cheers
DSCF9335.JPG
DSCF9337.JPG

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Looks kinda like it, after a quick google, but this one hasn't extended out that much ever, maby it's a sick one?
It has had a lot of die-back recently - you can tell it is recent as the skeleton where the polyps should be totally covering is still bright white.

With time and the right conditions it will return to its former glory and you won't be able to see much of the skeleton - will look magnificent when it does!

It looks happy in the spot you have it in now from the PE (polyp extension)