Reef Discussion

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
How does the Zeobak get in to the country to all the retail stores? (I have no idea!)

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Probably one of the distributors would have the correct import permits. They would be allowed to import it then the retailers can buy from them within Australia.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Even with the correct import permits and such they are still not guaranteed to get it through without being radiated. At the start of the year there was a huge fiasco with it getting stopped and being radiated! Hence why it was so hard to get as customs had been stopping it and not letting it through but it's through again now and not having any troubles. I also ordered Bak at that point in time direct from Germany and my order was not stopped nor radiated.
I think the only products that would be affected by radiation will be ZEObak and Coral Vitalizer, the rest would be fine if it were radiated, maybe with the exceptions of amino acid supps.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
If people would rather I can try and organise a group buy through someone else but I think we'll be okay doing it through Germany as long as you don't mind risking bak or CV other than that I think it'll all be okay :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
why not just ask a buisness that orders through aqua depto to do a gb for you
Added costs of using them and they'll charge their prices for things rather than the KZ prices. It would be a lot easier to do it through an Aus supplier but it's the pricing that'll change and also the length of time that will be required to get it done, unfortunately

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
What about K & J? they have seemed to have excellent pricing on the Zeo stuff in the past?

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
If people would rather I can try and organise a group buy through someone else but I think we'll be okay doing it through Germany as long as you don't mind risking bak or CV other than that I think it'll all be okay :)
Wrangy,

I'm happy with either mate, just let us know when we need to place the order :) I won't be getting Zeobak, but stones and carbon and a couple of others if that makes things a little easier.

Cheers mate

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
Ok Zeovit gurus, I have purchased a reactor and done a TON of research over the last week in regards to the Zeovit system. My question is, is Zeovit a good option to go down for LPS dominate tanks?

My system will be mostly LPS, with some SPS finding there way into the tank (Montipora's) All of the Zeovit tanks I have seen are SPS dominate tanks.... Zeovit also relates to their dosing more towards SPS than LPS?

If it's not going to benefit my LPS, then should I really go down the path of full blown Zeovit? I've also heard with Zeovit tanks there isn't much room for error, a change in a parameter can lead to massive algae blooms.

Any info would be appreciated - At this point I'm leaning more towards ditching the Zeolites and just dosing some of the LPS related supps.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I would think it would be as you'd be able to feed them a lot more than usual?? But that's just my knowledge, you should also post this on the zeo forums as you'll get some good responses there :)

Also guys with the zeo order, would people be happy to order from the guys running the zeo store in NZ?? He's still cheaper than ordering here and only about $10 more expensive than Germany and once shipping is added he's probably the same price as Germany. Let me know what you all think :) Haven't heard back from KZ in Germany or AquaDepot yet though

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Ok Zeovit gurus, I have purchased a reactor and done a TON of research over the last week in regards to the Zeovit system. My question is, is Zeovit a good option to go down for LPS dominate tanks?

My system will be mostly LPS, with some SPS finding there way into the tank (Montipora's) All of the Zeovit tanks I have seen are SPS dominate tanks.... Zeovit also relates to their dosing more towards SPS than LPS?

If it's not going to benefit my LPS, then should I really go down the path of full blown Zeovit? I've also heard with Zeovit tanks there isn't much room for error, a change in a parameter can lead to massive algae blooms.

Any info would be appreciated - At this point I'm leaning more towards ditching the Zeolites and just dosing some of the LPS related supps.
Shaking the stones will also feed the LPS, I have seen amazing results with Coral Vitalizer as well. I think for nutrient control the stones are definitely worth thinking about in any system.

edit - here's a soft/nps based Zeo system, probably the best tank I have ever seen.
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/front-page-news/44285-aquariums-around-world.html

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
Shaking the stones will also feed the LPS, I have seen amazing results with Coral Vitalizer as well. I think for nutrient control the stones are definitely worth thinking about in any system.

edit - here's a soft/nps based Zeo system, probably the best tank I have ever seen.
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/front-page-news/44285-aquariums-around-world.html
Thanks for the info, excuse my retarded question - that tank is AMAZING! I think I'm more concerned about jumping into this head first being my first marine tank haha - I've done more research and by the sounds of it, it benefits both LPS and SPS - So me very happy!

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
I would think it would be as you'd be able to feed them a lot more than usual?? But that's just my knowledge, you should also post this on the zeo forums as you'll get some good responses there :)

Also guys with the zeo order, would people be happy to order from the guys running the zeo store in NZ?? He's still cheaper than ordering here and only about $10 more expensive than Germany and once shipping is added he's probably the same price as Germany. Let me know what you all think :) Haven't heard back from KZ in Germany or AquaDepot yet though
Thats for the info Wrangy (Like always :D) I forgot about the Zeo forum - oops lol

I'm easy with either mate, whatever works out easier/better for yourself and the majority I'm happy with :)

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
Hi guys,

thought this would be the best place to ask this....

I've started dosing ZeoStart3 automatically via the Kamoer dosing pump by diluting it with RO using the instructions on hte Zeovit forum... Just wondering, is anyone on here dosing spongepower automatically? Considering doing the same for spongepower.

Also, when do you guys shake your stones? Lights on or off?

Cheers!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Hi guys,

thought this would be the best place to ask this....

I've started dosing ZeoStart3 automatically via the Kamoer dosing pump by diluting it with RO using the instructions on hte Zeovit forum... Just wondering, is anyone on here dosing spongepower automatically? Considering doing the same for spongepower.

Also, when do you guys shake your stones? Lights on or off?

Cheers!
I think sponge power has to be refrigerated, this makes it a bit more tricky to auto dose.
Im shaking my stones in the morning before work and then once before bed.
I don't shake them early in the evening because it makes the tank cloudy for the rest of the night when I'm looking at the tank.