Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
you have to keep it rimless when you have an Elos! not a fan of dwarf angels?
Yeah maybe a flame, I have never had much luck with potters angels, Ive been a bit hit and miss with flames though if they start nipping at the acans and clams its a very costly mistake. Maybe giveaway forum if it keeps it up after a week?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Why don't you go Ventralis Anthias instead of the Dispar? Yep, they are expensive, but expense surely isn't an issue when you are talking about Elos setups and GemTangs :p.

Even something like Bi-Colour Anthias, they're nice and bright and easy to keep. I don't like Chromis much, but that's just me.

I really like small groups of Yellow Tangs, they look great!
I dont have too much experence with Anthias apart from the dispars I had before, which half died during transit which is meant to be normal and i remeber Az having the Ventralis and them all dying, I can certainly be convinced otherwise but im a bit nieve at the moment, I'll do some more looking into it.

I dont mind chromis, they add a bit of something different, they sure are not a feature fish but in a school meh, I know what you mean though, the idea was just as fillers.

Yeah i had the three yellow tangs before (uneven numbers) and they just swam around together all day, was my favorite thing in the tank to watch

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
I like how Az and yourself liked it, I think you will be unliking it or will be busy on the day Im moving this in after you see the stairs up to my place :)
pfft, its a small tank compared to the other ones we have recently moved ... and MAKE sure you book the MASS glass suction cups before we do this please?! will make going up stairs alot easier ;)

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
Yeah i had the three yellow tangs before (uneven numbers) and they just swam around together all day, was my favorite thing in the tank to watch
Hmmm, you and Az have got me thinking, a school of Yellows sounds very cool, hmmm :confused:.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
yeah thats one of the things that turns me off as well!

None of the pictures ive seen anywhere have any condensation on them Jessie from Elos USA saws because they are connected to the light they stay warm and this dosnt happen, but wouldnt you still end up with salt crust???

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
Haha, the truth behind the matter comes out :D.
hey if we can save a few $$ might as well; i'll be getting them in any case

yeah thats one of the things that turns me off as well!

None of the pictures ive seen anywhere have any condensation on them Jessie from Elos USA saws because they are connected to the light they stay warm and this dosnt happen, but wouldnt you still end up with salt crust???
I rekon you would get crust on it for sure, I get crust on my lights so cant see how temp of the light would stop it on the elos

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
there is no way we are getting that box into ad's place, leave it at Majestic's. You may want to get some foam to stick to the sides of the tank as we have to go up that narrow stairway and I really dont want to scratch this puppy on the way up