Reef Discussion

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Honestly don't recall if siphon or durso - he did say that it would be silent unless the pipe was blocked, as the emergency pipe would make some noise.

Is Dave the older guy with no hair? If so, he was the guy I was talking to while I was waiting for Ernie to come in. Noticed he uses the soldier-less option - does a nice job enclosing the LEDs on small units. Saw the setup on the SPS tank - all LED.
Awesome tank at the back of the store - that was sweet.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Yep, that is Dave :D.

You should look into their club membership - it costs a few $$ but I think it gets you 10% off everything, with 20% on some days.

I think they have changed the setup around since I was last there. It used to be my main LFS when I lived in Melbourne.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I can see why - they have some cool stuff. Wish I had a ute, I'd have bought back a stack of water with me - membership includes cheap water I noticed :P

That was a pretty good experience. Ernie had accidentally told me that it was $50 deposit rather than 50%, and I only came intending to pay a couple hundred (and only really had that much on me), but he was pretty cool with it anyway - took 2 hours to get there and he knew that, so it was pretty clear that I was there with the intention of getting the deal done.
I did buy an acan and what i believe is a fluffy rhodactis while I was there.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Glad its all worked out - Ernie should pay me a spotters fee :D. He actually owes me anyway - I closed my tank down a few years ago due to house renovations fully intending to set it up again - I dropped a few fish and corals into his tanks with the intention of getting them back again. Anyway, I subsequently moved back to Hobart without collecting anything :(. Next time your there mention me (Shane) to him - he might not remember but you might be able to get a freebie off him :D

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Hahaha.
Dunno if or when I'll be back in his shop - the next two times I speak to him will be over the phone to keep paying for it.