News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi buddy23,

Currently the text is large to fit in with the design. The forum software is unable to change text size based on user preference, but we will look into it for you. Please feel free to suggest it as a feature and we may implement it into the system.

Thanks.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Hi buddy23,

Currently the text is large to fit in with the design. The forum software is unable to change text size based on user preference, but we will look into it for you. Please feel free to suggest it as a feature and we may implement it into the system.

Thanks.
Thanks mate!

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I like it. I normally use the front page to see who's online etc then go to whats new.

There used to be a forum i went on the allowed the user to change the colour scheme to suit themselves is that a possibility? Leave the green as standard but give others the option to change??.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Am I wrong but with the old format didn't we get a list of everything posted when we clicked on the "What's New" link? The old format had a separate "New Threads" link didn't it?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi daveH,

You can see "Unanswered Threads" and "What's New" by default. Additionally, you can go to members / recent activity to get even more information. This will be added later tonight as default.

Thanks.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ahh i like the fact that we can give our input and it gets heard thanks "@The Reefuge" must be a pain though haha

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi leodb89,

In some cases a decision is made because it is the only way to do something to allow something else to happen. On the other hand, users input is a great way to give the community what they want, not what we think they want. This allows for a happy community and growth of the website with the involvement of the members. The day members stop asking for things, or suggesting things will mean one of two things. Either everyone is happy with the way the site is, or nobody cares about the site anymore.

Due to technological advancement, the site will never "stay" the way it is. So the only possibility left would be nobody cares. This is never a good thing. We are all ears and we want users to voice their opinion, regardless of if we agree with them or not.

Thanks.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
would be cool to have it work like youtube lol or without the @ symbol but then again the @ stands out rather than just a hyperlink...lol look at me tyring to be a little moderator my bad

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi leodb89,

It can be turned off so it is automatic. If we do that, new users will not pick up on how to tag others. By displaying it, it allows users who do not know how to tag to easily figure it out.

Thanks.