Off-Topic

wallie

Apr 21, 2013
wonder if it possible to have this stickied ? Some real nice catches there guys , love the pair of horses up there Josh , any chance of getting a photo online of the 14kg snapper ? Would be an insane fish. I posted one up during the week but it would make sense to throw it in the fishing thread . Nothing too exciting as it is early in the rock fishing season but for first session I was happy .
164963_10151634847140033_1841066879_n.jpg

wallie

Apr 21, 2013
As for real true blue fishing, the missus and I took off to Lakes Entrance for a weekend of fishing in Feb.
I'd literally not been fishing since I was a teen, and I just love Lakes Entrance.
We only managed to bring home some whiting and some mullet, but still, it's the time spent fishing that I'd missed. Pity I don't have any pics on my phone.
Great sport mate get back into it :D

wallie

Apr 21, 2013
Any fish for the weekend guys ? I slept in and missed out on a drummer session , they bagged out on drummer :rage

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Hows this for an ugly fish! It actually spiked me through a towel but I guess it didn't get me good enough.
_DSC0170.JPG

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Another three squid for me tonight :) at the moment im chewing through to many jigs. I lost another tonight. I finished for the night and was walking up the beach and stopped for another few casts and my line snapped :(

@Uglyman that's a salmon yeah? Looks like a nice saltwater fly setup you have there!

Uglyman

Mar 9, 2012
Pyalong
@Sarg yep it's an salmon :), yeah my saltwater fly outfit is a 10 weight and probably to good for using on the rocks (Sage rod/ Penn reel) it gets banged up a bit out there. I started flyfishing for trout when I was 17 and loved it and eventually progressed to saltwater about 12 years ago.

Couple more pics from the trip.

Nice flatty from about 7inches of water and about 5 meters from the bank. :D

DSC_0099.JPG

The missus with a nice little bonito.

DSC_0170.JPG

Big thumper of a salmon on a pilchard, wish I had nailed him on fly.
DSC_0166.JPG

wallie

Apr 21, 2013
Nice drummer session this morning on my RDO . 2 good drummer there . Biggest one weighed in at 2.62kg and the other one of size weighed in around 2.5 , they both near pulled me off the rocks :D best fighting fish around pound for pound id say ! ?

drummer session.jpg

Uglyman

Mar 9, 2012
Pyalong
I have only ever hooked one drummer before and the damn thing nearly pulled my arm off lol on 12 pound line they are still a handfull definately one tough fighter :eek.

wallie

Apr 21, 2013
Maybe a mangrove jack would give it a run pound for pound?
yeah I guess you are right. I haven't hooked one personally but my mate did and it took off at a hundred mile an hour !! great fight. Ive caught a few eagle rays ( i think that was the species. ) and jesus didn't that fight well !! took 15 odd minutes on my jewy gear to land one of them , needless to say i was disappointed when i found out what it was lol .

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Ive managed two after more jack sessions than id care to admit to! But never caught a drummer so I guess I cant compare.

malau

Oct 13, 2011
Nice! Dinner or bait?
Dinner
I got a small one and I will cook it in next few days. This large one I gave it to the restaurant which I know for many years nearby..

Was thinking if I can keep them as pet.. however based on my past experience (was using net) once they run out of ink they r gone.