Tank Journal Archive

stacey

Apr 19, 2012
sydney
OK so do I go with the Illumagic polar s or Crees? We are thinking two three footers, one four or maybe one three and one two footer. My depth is 2 foot. Whats the thinking out there?

Attachments

stacey

Apr 19, 2012
sydney
OK I am installing the new led lighting today. I was going with the Illumagic but in the end I went maxspect Mazarra-P . I think the Illumagic is great but I needed it now and that was it. OK the install went together easy and I only had one mishap, lucky I saved it. For any one out there that might install one of these don't do it over the tank! I have not worked out the master controller yet but its easy to dim and play via the light itself. It looks fantastic and shines brightly with nice tones; very realistic hues of blue green for night time.

Photos:

2011 November 019.JPG

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
keep up the good work, they must of set you back a bit in cost, lets see how it all gooes as you add more to the tank, where do you geet your corals from, there is a shop in asquith that has good range of corals ,

stacey

Apr 19, 2012
sydney
Ya they are very expensive but so are all the rest and after living with them for a day they are worth every cent. coming from the bs led's this is haven.
sydney is somewhat limited in good coral shops. I mostly trade with friends. Found a great place in the city called slippery little suckers, The owner George is super cool and very passionate about reef.

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Interesting to hear your thoughts on how much better the light quality is from say the BS leds units. I have had my bs led units from day 1 it came out 2.5 years ago and love it. My corals thrive from it and never had a single issue.

What made you change to these? Im sure having the dimming capability, timer etc are great.. But is the led quality that much better?

Keen to hear your thoughts. Cheers

stacey

Apr 19, 2012
sydney
The bs led's are fine and I don't mean to dismiss them however its just that the light from the max spect P units is just so much richer in color. You can tune in 4 channels from a wireless controler and dim in each You can also pull out any of these color channels from 0-100 %. This gives a huge band of color and intensity to choose from. I must qualify all this by saying I know very little about what corals and or differing types of corals needs are, but I know what I like.
in addition to all this the max- spects can simulate real time clouds and or weather patterns( the light dims and brightens in a random patten).they

stacey

Apr 19, 2012
sydney
ok some new bits today:
1) TUNZE STREAM 2 KIT TS24 24000 LPH controlled with a 7095
2) aqua-medic turbo flotor 5000 blue
3) I bought a vertex Illmilux marino stripe to fill in the gap of my Max-spect P.
pro-filux with touch screen coming will update

stacey

Apr 19, 2012
sydney
Captain has given me a dislike. This seems like a strong response without an explanation. I thought this was reserved for things that were offensive or distasteful. Maybe im wrong
PS: I really am a captain

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Captain has given me a dislike. This seems like a strong response without an explanation. I thought this was reserved for things that were offensive or distasteful. Maybe im wrong
PS: I really am a captain
Weird, maybe he didn't like one of the items you bought =0p