Help / Suggestions

Would you like to see location/shipping/wanted/for sale in the overview screen?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Don't give a hoot, I'm off to the pub!

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Marketplace
The way I view the marketplace is point to marketplace, wait for the pesky (to me) drop down menu to appear, then click marketplace again to get an overview of what's there. All good to this point.

However unless the poster specifies in their title, what they are doing, you can't tell. Eg I posted two wanted ads but looking at them they could have been anything, wanted, for sale, livestock, hardware, etc. Yes the title "usually" gives away what the goods are (but not always) but no idea whether it's a request, a sale ad, or what state it is. Nor if they will ship.

Take this snapshot from this morning. Ad numbers:

1. They realised the issues.
  2. Wanted or for sale? What area?
  3. What area? Only says wanted because I realised the ad was no good and edited the title.
  4. Ditto.
Okay with 4 ads you can click on each and read them if you can be bothered but once there's heaps.....
Location is a total loss on this page because some people don't specify a location in their profile so you can't even click on the name of the poster to check. I believe this will be a significant drawback for many. Thought I would raise the subject.:D

Untitled.jpg

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Location is really the only one that I think needs adding. Wanted or for sale is displayed under the listing. A livestock requested mean you want to buy something, livestock for sale means, well..

Adding the location to this page, or allowing us to filter the location would be great

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Wanted or for sale isn'r shown on the summary page at all.o_0

We've just gone from prefixes to nothing.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Location is really the only one that I think needs adding. Wanted or for sale is displayed under the listing. A livestock requested mean you want to buy something, livestock for sale means, well..

Adding the location to this page, or allowing us to filter the location would be great
Actually I hadn't seen the category. It's very small and easy to miss.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
personally its no problem for me, I see it as pretty easy to spot and you have the choice of filtering it if you want to.

States are the only thing I think needs a bit of attention

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The way I view the marketplace is point to marketplace, wait for the pesky (to me) drop down menu to appear, then click marketplace again to get an overview of what's there. All good to this point.

However unless the poster specifies in their title, what they are doing, you can't tell. Eg I posted two wanted ads but looking at them they could have been anything, wanted, for sale, livestock, hardware, etc. Yes the title "usually" gives away what the goods are (but not always) but no idea whether it's a request, a sale ad, or what state it is. Nor if they will ship.

Take this snapshot from this morning. Ad numbers:

1. They realised the issues.
  2. Wanted or for sale? What area?
  3. What area? Only says wanted because I realised the ad was no good and edited the title.
  4. Ditto.
Okay with 4 ads you can click on each and read them if you can be bothered but once there's heaps.....
Location is a total loss on this page because some people don't specify a location in their profile so you can't even click on the name of the poster to check. I believe this will be a significant drawback for many. Thought I would raise the subject.:D

View attachment 15089
Hello @ijg3956,

There is a parent category listed below the title. It displays where the listing was posted. For example, if someone is selling livestock, it will say 'Livestock For Sale'.

I am not sure what you mean in your list, but please feel free to elaborate further.

The Marketplace is still being worked on, and locations and other important information will be updated soon. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Also for future reference, you do not need to add a poll to suggestions made. Every suggestion is looked at and decided if it is worth pursuing or not. A poll does nothing to push for a feature or not as the members suggestion is looked at in the first place.

Thanks.

Matt_84

Apr 30, 2012
Cooma
No territories in the location option?
I live in NSW but Canberra is the closest city to me. Had problems in the past when I say NSW everyone immediatly thinks I'm in Sydney...or that I'm natural saltwater... Now I just say I'm in the ACT.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
No territories in the location option?
I live in NSW but Canberra is the closest city to me. Had problems in the past when I say NSW everyone immediatly thinks I'm in Sydney...or that I'm natural saltwater... Now I just say I'm in the ACT.
Hello @Matt_84,

In the listing it will show suburb and postcode. This is in addition to the state and all are mandatory fields.

Thanks.

Matt_84

Apr 30, 2012
Cooma
Hello @Matt_84,

In the listing it will show suburb and postcode. This is in addition to the state and all are mandatory fields.

Thanks.
Sorry I meant there is no ACT in the "State" for anyone living there.

I had forgotten about the suburb and postcode sections so forget my previous comments as I'm all good :)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @Darkspartan,

Can you show me what you see? (screenshot). Also, please provide the url you are using to access it.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

To those experiencing problems can you please post a screenshot? I have looked over everything and don't think anything was missed.

On the slight chance some of you bookmarked the old marketplace, the new one can be found at http://www.thereefuge.com.au/marketplace/

Please confirm.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

The problem has been found. Please check your alerts for further updates.

Thanks.

B

Bite me

Just fyi when I try to access the market place from the main screen I get taken to the search function and it won't let me see the market place unless i enter a category- it's annoying. The link you posted took me straight there so i am wondering what is going on?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Just fyi when I try to access the market place from the main screen I get taken to the search function and it won't let me see the market place unless i enter a category- it's annoying. The link you posted took me straight there so i am wondering what is going on?
Hello @Curious Chaos,

I have checked over everything and all seems normal. I was able to access the marketplace with your permissions with success. Can you please confirm if you are still getting this error?

Thanks.

B

Bite me

How bizzare, it's working perfectly now. But i swear it wasn't right before i posted! It was frustrating me and all i did just then was click the tab and it went right there!

That's what i get for reporting a problem, it mysteriously disappears!

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I think the biggest issue with the market place is this:

When you click on marketplace nothing really happens. Yes a drop down menu of fairly unwanted functions appear but the marketplace itself does not, nor any option to get there. You have to click marketplace again.

It's very counter-intuitive.

Now in fact if you go slow enough, the "click" will get you there but if you are quick it essentially becomes one fluid movement and the click just produces the drop down menu. I dare say most people are quick enough for this to be confusing.

My 15yo son who is very pc proficient could not easily work out how to get into the actual listings and he designs computer games as part of his current schooling.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
That's the same for everything in the top bar mate. You want one single click hit the market place under your personal details on the right.

Site needs to suit everyone mate, a lot of people want the drop down, just cause you say it's unwanted doesn't mean it is an unwanted feature, the option to suit both is readily available with no extra effort required at all.