Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
What my old tank use to look like running minimal equipment without a sump. So it's not that hard maintaining a small tank.

image.jpg
image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Also another new addition ill be getting is a super nice green carpet anemone for my two black occellaris clowns. Looks much better in the flesh Darren has told me. Thanks @ReefSecrectsAquarium
image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Just took a shot of my nice green carpet anemone..I had to move it from its corner..sticky as he'll is just an understatement. It's 14 cm with a ruler I measure from top to bottom..it touches the sides when it's fully opened..so about 16cm..lol pretty good size and the clowns love it..disregard the picture..my leds are on sunset mode so the blue washes everything out.

image.jpg

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
will you be letting this loose in the cube? what are you going to do to try stop it moving around? ive been thinking alot lately about getting a RBTA but worried about it going on a killing spree!

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
will you be letting this loose in the cube? what are you going to do to try stop it moving around? ive been thinking alot lately about getting a RBTA but worried about it going on a killing spree!

I've kept anemones on numerous occasions, I'm gonna keep it inside the net for a while, well for a couple months..will release it in the tank after I come back from overseas...so it'll defnstrly adjust to the tank parameters. It's a carpet anemone..so they don't move as much as bubbletips..and they hang around the ground so I should be okay.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Let me refine, you basically dislike me or hate me because I simply made a comment about bringing ricordea floridas myself from the states. Which you obviously, well you made obvious made you feel very uncomfortable because you study the marine fauna of our waters. So it clicked to you. What else? You over reacted obviously and made it a bigger deal then it was, it showed no respect to me making threats. Like honestly I would whole heartedly respect your intentions and thoughts about foreign corals. But shit man, only if I actually brought corals back here to austrlaia. I didn't do anything of that nature, only simply stated I will and then stated I was just stirring. Yet you went off onto another group, Darren's group and then stirred the pot even more. So who loses face because you over reacted; I do mate.
Jimmy, apart from the fact that bring corals in without either a permit or adequate quarantine is ILLIGAL, I am incline to think that many or your statements have 'shot your credibility. I seriously think that you need to assess what you write, BEFORE you write it. I can see how @chris1987 is justified in his position.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Lol every comment I've made had sarcasm resonating from them. Clearly when I do winks. I don't need to explain myself again. Everyone besides chris didn't take it as a joke. I'm a bloody kid thats simply studying. You think I'm gonna risk my life? It's just started mate. So just calm your boat. I don't need to explain or write accordingly to anyone. If they don't like it. Simply don't read over or care in the first place. I didn't ask for opinions neither did I asked to be threantened. He's studying himself..he's surely got alot more better things to do then keyboard warrior a kid over Facebook about bringing in corals. When he clearly said it was a joke.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Lol, has to justify it somehow..that I'm still young..and theres no way im hell id risk my life over a coral we can clesrly get in austrlaia. Lol shoulda said that but typed kid on my iPhone and it just went missing and wasn't bothered to scroll...lol!