Reef Discussion

chrispc66

Apr 24, 2012
Well done mate, with that attitude you're going to kick the arse of any challenge. Thanks for the information as well, very helpful.....

To the OP.....quarantine of new fish will reduce the risk of ich infestation...cheers and better luck next time.....:)

Brekel

Jun 8, 2012
Hobart
Makes my fish problem seem trivial.
Sounds like you've got the will and attitude to pull through - we're all behind you.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
are there any products out there that will cure ich? just noticed tonight that my flame angel has it after feeding. very minor and barely noticable besides on the fins but he shakes every now and again. i donwt have a quarintine tank unfortunately so im hoping there is a product out there that will help get the fish get rid of it

Brekel

Jun 8, 2012
Hobart
Do you have other fish in the tank? Any live rock or invertebrates? There's no proven cures that are reef safe.
My hospital/quarantine tank is just a cheap plastic tub with a heater plus a small powerhead with a sponge filter, out in the garage as I don't have anywhere 'toddler friendly' I can keep it inside. It doesn't need to be much really.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
are there any products out there that will cure ich? just noticed tonight that my flame angel has it after feeding. very minor and barely noticable besides on the fins but he shakes every now and again. i donwt have a quarintine tank unfortunately so im hoping there is a product out there that will help get the fish get rid of it
Short answer is NO. There is no way to treat them in your display tank without killing other things.