Tank Journal Archive

alteclansing

Aug 6, 2011

alteclansing

Aug 6, 2011
Those are just coraline algae, it spreads in the beginning some how, but now it stops, do you know what I can do to induce it to grow more?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Looking good. jashay, looks like coralline on the back wall.
You might want to move your sun coral out of the direct light and target feed it after lights out ;)

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
nice! I want corraline to grow on the back of my tank!!

as for getting it to spread more im not sure.

alteclansing

Aug 6, 2011
Saw this "purple up" product on the shelf, after looking at the content it is simply calcium and some iodine? Let me do some research tonight and post how to spread this lovely algae :D

Back glass is great, not the side and front please :D

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
I have purple up aswell, be careful with the dosing of it, I reckon it was that which blew my calcium levels out of the water! Im pretty sure the dose is around 1/2ml to 20L. which is what I was doing it at, my calcium was over two times the level it should have been.

so just be a little cautious :D I am still waiting for the levels to drop, has been around 4-5 days since I stopped using it and it has only dropped around 15%

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
when dosing with it it would cloud the water and turn a tad white, but this didn't last long. maybe an hour or so. i beleive it actually built up a calcium deposit on some LR though

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I love your xenia. Does it pulse for you. If ever you feel ikle trading something, would be happy to house some of your Xenia ;)

alteclansing

Aug 6, 2011
Hey Dr Schell,

Remember I bought one of the Xenias from you? It is pulsing all the time. The one I bought from you is the one behind the taxic freen Goni.

Yeah sure, I will give my first go at propagation in a few weeks time. Will let you know once Im done.

Cheers

Hil