• Throw away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mantis Dundee

Jun 24, 2013
Quakers Hill
Yeh those flatworms are ugly man. I had one on my glass, next day 4, next day 20, next day 100. Aghh, started freaking and saw some horror stories of tanks over run by them. For some reason mine started disappearing just as quickly after couple of weeks.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Yeh those flatworms are ugly man. I had one on my glass, next day 4, next day 20, next day 100. Aghh, started freaking and saw some horror stories of tanks over run by them. For some reason mine started disappearing just as quickly after couple of weeks.
likely exhausted the food supply and then died out!

Gunners85

May 23, 2013
Yeah.. I'm not too sure about putting him in my tank.. I haven't really got anything that I can put him in and punch holes in without risking it getting into my tank.. I've got him in a 600ml bottle (along with the flatworms, I didn't really want to touch them lol) and ill post them out to you tomorrow.. Message me your address and ill send it out.. Hopefully he makes it to you alive :)

Gunners85

May 23, 2013
Tried to post it today.. But Aus Post said they can't accept postage of living organisms.. Which is really odd.. I shouldn't have asked.. I should have just posted it.. Ill try get someone to pick up an express post bag and ill just put in the mail box for ya..

Gunners85

May 23, 2013
He's in the bottom of the express post box in a padded express post bag.. Hopefully you will get him tomorrow. Keep me updated :)

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Hey Gunners, as far as your pics go looks like you've got "Part Of, no head and part of the torso" of Nudibranch Pteraeolidia Lanthia and not one of the colour variants either. Normally from QLD and come in heaps of pretty colous but id recommend to ditch it as it can cause painful stings

Gunners85

May 23, 2013
Don't tell me that lol I've already expressed him.. I was touching him yesterday and never got a sting.. Hopefully Bdear can find some use for him cos it cost me just over $10 to post him there lol..

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Hey Gunners, as far as your pics go looks like you've got "Part Of, no head and part of the torso" of Nudibranch Pteraeolidia Lanthia and not one of the colour variants either. Normally from QLD and come in heaps of pretty colous but i.d recommend to ditch it as it can cause painful stings
The cerata do apear to be too short to be this species, and the Nudibranch does still apear to have a 'head' but it has withdrawn. However, I am not an expert on Nudi so I may be inccorect

Gunners85

May 23, 2013
they're really not the best photos.. I probably should have taken more and made them more clear so we could all know a bit better.. But when he was on the move, he would stretch out a it longer and have what looked like two antennas from the top of his head and then two tails either side of him out the back.. was kind of hard to get a good look and photo as every time he was disturbed her would retract and curl into a ball or shorten.. Hopefully when Dbear gets him he can take better photos than I did...

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
I was reading up on all types of nudi's and the species dr schell came up with seems most correct from what I have seen. Don't worry guys I'll be making a thread when he arrives and if he's still kicking, I've already planned to put fly screen over my standpipe and throw him in the overflow which is flooded with aiptasia ;) oh and dr schell if it isn't an aiptasia eating species and gets into my tank and eats my corals I won't come looking for you :rage haha. And cheers gunners your a champ!!!

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
They could be pineapple filter feeders man, not sure on technical name but I have heaps in my overflow/ sump, they are good.

Gunners85

May 23, 2013
I hope so.. But I did a quick search on the pineapple sponge things and I dont think its them.. I've only noticed them today and it's a day after the nudibranch fell off the coral that I put in the tank.. The ones on the front of the glass definetely look like llittle snails/slugs so I'm just hoping they're baby snail.. What do you think @Dr. Schell ?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I can't actually see them in the pictures, but if they are like little slugs with a half shell (turtle style), then they are stomatella and very beneficial hitchhikers!