Reef Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
There is a good article in coral mag about this stuff, I'm not at home to check what month but google chaeto and coral mag and you should find it.

malau

Oct 13, 2011
Can you put me in waiting list too? I can do the local pick up for NSW members

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Waiting List
@ethana123
@rockerpeller
@chrispc66
@vpreef
@Buddy
@daniel
@Sarg
@MagicJ
@malau

Each will get it in turn as we have it ready. The first couple in this list will probably have some ready to share by the time we get toward 5th & 6th position.
awww.masa.asn.au_phpBB3_images_smilies_rtaw_crossfingers.gif

Edit: Just an update. I've moved all but a tiny portion of my remaining chaeto into Donna's tank, once more floating in a breeder box under 150w MH light - to turbo charge growth.

Members propagating to share so far:
@chimaera
@ijg3956

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
No problem, @captivereef - consider yourself added.

I am going to propose putting a hold on the list now we have 10 in line. Let's get some to everyone on the list and then re-assess and potentially open up again.

Cheers

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Chaeto Waiting List CLOSED TEMPORARILY*
@ethana123
@rockerpeller
@chrispc66
@vpreef
@Buddy
@daniel
@Sarg
@MagicJ
@malau
@captivereef

*Chimaera & I have temporarily closed the list. Clearly there is going to be huge demand so we've put a hold on the list to allow orders to be filled & for those receiving it, to have a chance to get it growing & ready for sharing. Watch this thread.

Those on the list: As you receive yours in turn, please let me @ijg3956 (Ian) or @chimaera (Peter) know, when you have some ready to cultivate & share. When we get enough we can open the list again.

This way Peter & I are not committing to more than we can handle on our own, just in case.:)

All those named in this post will be contacted shortly & invited to join a proposed conversation to administer orders. Just to stop this thread getting too cluttered.

malau

Oct 13, 2011
I am thinking about each state have a distributor at the beginning if we do not mind to pay the initial postage...
so in the future they can contact their locals to collect

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Whilst this algae is not in the same category as Calerpa taxifolia, we all know what effect this has had on the natural environment in a number of areas around Australia, especially in the sea grass beds. With this in mind, could all members keeping this algae in their tank please take all the necessary precautions when disposing or otherwise handling it.

For now, this thread will be locked until the current participants are supplied and we have sufficient growth to enable further donations to be made. Hopefully, it will not be too long before it can be re-opened.

Thanks

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Okay. Everyone that was in the original list has been supplied so here we go again.

We (reefuge members) have genuine american chaeto available FREE. We are propagating it so as to make it more readily available to Reefuge members. It is being sold elsewhere for $40+ for a 50c coin sized piece and it seemed to us that we could make it more readily available.

Here's the deal:
  1. I or another who has joined this deal, will provide you a fair amount of chaeto for free, all you have to do is send a self addressed 500gm satchel to the person supplying it to you.
  2. You in turn, agree to offer other reefuge members the same deal in this thread. That way this becomes self perpetuating.

We're hoping that the friendly members here will enter into the spirit of this rather than on-selling it, otherwise I could have sold it myself, hell knows I need the money but that's not the point. If you do sell some, please share a few out for free within the reefuge first.

I'm "hoping" that by the end of 2013 that this will be widely available within the reefuge membership.
awww.masa.asn.au_phpBB3_images_smilies_rtaw_crossfingers.gif

Put your name down here if interested.

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
woo hoo! I was just reading this for the first tme (not sure how i missed it earlier) and was slowly realising how long the wait would be as i scrolled down...thena ll of a sudden it is back open :) Add me to the list please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.