Reef Discussion

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
no dont apologise, you're new, not sure if you were aware of it thats all..just a nicer way to track stages and progress :)

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Curious to know what main colours of hadonni are the rarest and seen in Australia, plus the market price of them.....just as an average ?

Approx. say 200mm wide....
1. Red - $1.5-$2k
2. Blue - $1.5k
3. Purple - $1-$1.5k
4. Green - $500 a $750
5. Tan/Brown - $$200-$400

Above are just guesstimate.....no idea whether I'm way off the mark ... Thanks

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Curious to know what main colours of hadonni are the rarest and seen in Australia, plus the market price of them.....just as an average ?

Approx. say 200mm wide....
1. Red - $1.5-$2k
2. Blue - $1.5k
3. Purple - $1-$1.5k
4. Green - $500 a $750

Above are just guesstimate.....no idea whether I'm way off the mark ... Thanks
i think it'd be more like,

1. Red - $1.5-$3k
2. Blue - $1.5-$3k
3. Purple - $1.5-$3k
4. Green - $750-$1.5k

best person to answer this...or best persons....or people...or you know what i mean.

@thepubenator and @vpreef

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Thanks leodb89, appreciate the feedback, LOVE your banner BTW....watched the Everton game live on foxtel this morning, and a great result for Arsenal ! Woohoo. Just gotta win lotto this weekend, so that I can go to the FA Cup Final :)

Last edited:

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
lately i've seen blue and purple hadonni going for $2.5K +.

Re the nutrient expellsion of a nem will depend on how much you feed them, ive had my blue gigantea for 4.5 years now (memory got it jan 2010) and in the past 2 years not fed it once as i have sufficient light which feeds via photosyntesis.

here some pics of it
ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_IMG_5566_zpse6985b46.jpg

ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_nem.jpg

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Wow, absolutely awesome......thanks for the pics, very motivational :) Got most colours secured except yellow and pink ATM

Working with redsea ATM, to determine securing tank stability and details for a "fully stocked" anemone ONLY tank (+ 2 Snowflake Clowns).... Few challenges ahead, but love the challenges :-)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Wow, absolutely awesome......thanks for the pics, very motivational :) Got most colours secured except yellow and pink ATM

Working with redsea ATM, to determine securing tank stability and details for a "fully stocked" anemone ONLY tank (+ 2 Snowflake Clowns).... Few challenges ahead, but love the challenges :)
when you say you have most colours secured....as in you have them on order?

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
when you say you have most colours secured....as in you have them on order?
Yep, the seller is holding them for me, until I'm confident the tank has cycled, and reached the stability expected... Intro of the various colour will takes weeks/months, and in stages. The seller will accomodation this :-), and lives 10 mins away from me :-)

Been speaking to RedSea on the matter of mini cycles/stability etc, and optimal anemone WP......will post these tomorrow, once I'm back at my desk....

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Yep, the seller is holding them for me, until I'm confident the tank has cycled, and reached the stability expected... Intro of the various colour will takes weeks/months, and in stages. The seller will accomodation this :), and lives 10 mins away from me :)

Been speaking to RedSea on the matter of mini cycles/stability etc, and optimal anemone WP......will post these tomorrow, once I'm back at my desk....
does your source have more of these gems? im trying to get myself a couple for my new tank...not in any rush though (sorry to hijack)

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
There's only a tan/brown left. The spare blue was just sold last week. If you've got a full proof recipe to divide a anemone, then there'll be a red in the near future :dead

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
i heard they are unlike most other anemones and can not be chopped up, if you do one will slowly die off as it doesnt reproduce its organs like the others do

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I thought that was gigantea? Like a lot of these things, propagation stories are few and far between, as are people game to try. So its hard to say if it would succeed or not

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Can you verify what "propped" actually means ? The person I purchased the haddoni's had sliced one into half, using a very sharp/sterilised knife & board, dipping the anemone(s) in a sterile solution, then allowing them to recover in the tank....the previous attempt resulted in the other half dying.....I don't think I'll have the guts to do it.....

Is there a reason why the anemones are in a basket ? ...awesome colours..

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Just sharing the infer received from RedSea.... totally impressed with their level of service !

Ideally Low nutrient parameters but they can handle our rapid growth as well if acclimated.
The following at 35ppt.

Low Nutrition
  • Calcium 430 ppm
  • Magnesium 1310 ppm
  • Alkalinity 8.2
  • No3 0.25ppm
  • Po4 0.02 ppm

Rapid Growth
  • Calcium 465ppm
  • Magnesium 1390
  • Alkalinity 12.6
  • No3 1 to 2 ppm