Off-Topic

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
Polk my girl friend brother has that in his car my mate hooked us. Up who worked at a car stereo shops it kick. Ass hey clear as and cranks hard i have had some killer stereo and that work be best i have heard. In ages

Personally I am a Focal, Dynaudio, Morel kind of guy but these are a tad over the $250 budget. In my car atm I have a 3way set of Focal Utopia's running full active on JL slash series amps with Alpine 9887 head unit and the new PXA-H800 processor. I still need to neaten the install and I might start competing in SQ again.

The thing with speakers is that one person can like them but another will hate them, go listen to a few sets in your budget and choose that way.

Might want to have a look at Eclipse speakers, these are priced well and sound OK. Pretty sure Northfield car sound has them.
http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/component/sc6500.html

Pete.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
bringing this up again.
officialy fried my speakers today. had them smoking.... to much juice through them
what do you think of these options. the amp i use is below. i use 2 channels bridged for the sub, and the other 2 channels for the front splits.
amp.jpg
cadence.jpg
kicker.jpg
typeg.jpg
types.jpg

what speakers??? i was thinking the kickers

Go have a listen and get what you like the sound off, the best looking speakers don't always sound the best. Try to get some prices on these.... Eclipse

Out of the ones listed the Alpine type S ones you should be able to get a good deal on them, new model should be out.... Alpine

Pete.

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Jaycar splits are great for its price. The tweeters can be a little harsh depending on what your playing. But otherwise great mid-range and they should be within your budget.

Otherwise spend an extra 200 and get some awesome hertz hsk 165 splits :) Incredible mid-bass and just sounds clean.

Best advice I can give you is to sound deadended your door. This will be best audio mod you can EVER DO!!!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
from memory about $3K.

Pete.
Ouch!!!!

Jaycar splits are great for its price. The tweeters can be a little harsh depending on what your playing. But otherwise great mid-range and they should be within your budget.

Otherwise spend an extra 200 and get some awesome hertz hsk 165 splits :) Incredible mid-bass and just sounds clean.

Best advice I can give you is to sound deadended your door. This will be best audio mod you can EVER DO!!!
I was going to go that route in my next car, I can't see myself keeping this car to long so I was thinking something cheap that doesn't sound to bad , I won't be pulling them out when I sell the car,

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
My current speakers. Focal Utopia 3way full active. Way overdue for a change, but really can't be stuffed... lol.
Why mess with what works? Utopias are still, to this day, the nicest speakers I've ever heard. There's more neutral sounding sets out there, sure, but there's just something to the Utopias that I find makes listening a more pleasurable experience. What head unit are you driving them with?

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
How you liking those ID max subs.. Heard great things about them.
What sort of music do you mainly listen too?

Thinking of picking up another hertz sub.