Off-Topic

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Car sound system. splits question
hello everyone. im sure someone has a love for car sound systems.
recently i blew my clarion splits to speakers, they wernt overly high quality.
im looking for a new set of front splits 5-6 inch.
was trying to keep it under the 250$ mark.
was thinking maybe some type S alpines?
rest of my sterio is all kicker. kicker 12inch sub 4ch amp running 2 channels bridged for the sump and two channels up front for the splits.

opinions? :)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I go on the theory if it sounds good, then it's a good start. I've had some awesome combos in years gone by without necessarily spending a mint. As long as your speakers can cope with the wattage you're pumping into them, and they sound good, then the brand shouldn't bother you :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
I'm a big fan of Kicker products. I have 6" splits, 6x9's, sub & amps. If everything else is Kicker, why not go with them in the front also? They sound good and perform. Back in the day Alpine was the way to go. With the advances in gear now, unless it's for show, very hard to tell them apart. In saying that tho, what sounds good to one, may sound crap to another, speakers is a very personal choice.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i was thinking of kicker splits. just dont want to spend heaps. do you know of any suitable models

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
:D If you want some Kenwood speakers, I've got a pair of 6" 3way, and a pair of 6x9 4 ways you can have, they couldnt handle the Kicker amp. They are sitting out in the garage somewhere I'm sure.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Heh, I'm driving my factories off an amp. Thought about upgrading them, but then I hate my car that much I'd hate to have too good of a sound system in it. Forbid I do anything that makes me want to keep my shopping trolley any longer than I already have
It's a POS, but it usually starts. I wash it once a year, service it once a year and put petrol in it each fortnight. It doesn't deserve me investing any more energy in it :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i had the commodores stock speakers amped sounded great for two weeks till i blew them up. to much juice out of that beast of an amp :drool

I had JL audio splits in my old car running on a cadence 2 channel amp, they get some good sound out of them.
Best thing to do is take one of your cds to jb and see which speakers they sound best with

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
:confused:i dont mind the look of those kickers. might have to get a set after i recoup the cost of $$$$ i recently spent into my tank!!