News

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Beta Testers
Hello everyone!

As some of you know, a new project I am starting up allows users to bypass region restrictions to content. This service is called uFlix. On Friday we will be setting everything up for beta testing. For those of you who would like access to Netflix, Hulu Plus, BBC and many more great channels, please reply to this thread stating your interest.

If you do become a beta tester, the service will be free to you for the duration of the testing stage. There is quite a bit of work involved in beta testing, which will require you to follow instructions as problems occur.

Once the beta testing has finished and the site goes gold, all beta testers will receive a coupon code for the service. This coupon will give you 25% off the uFlix unblocking service. You can only use the coupon once.

You can use it on either a single monthly payment and receive 25% off, or you can use it on a yearly payment and receive 25% off. (yearly payments include an additional 2 months free access).

For more information about how uFlix works, please visit https://uflix.com.au

Thanks.

Last edited:

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Happy to sign up as I was just tossing up your service or the new optus deal.
Would much rather support a fellow reefer
Aside from the amount of money you will save, you are going to have access to a LOT more content.

Ant2k7

Feb 7, 2014
Hello everyone!

As some of you know, a new project I am starting up allows users to bypass region restrictions to content. This service is called uFlix. On Friday we will be setting everything up for beta testing. For those of you who would like access to Netflix, Hulu Plus, BBC and many more great channels, please reply to this thread stating your interest.

If you do become a beta tester, the service will be free to you for the duration of the testing stage. There is quite a bit of work involved in beta testing, which will require you to follow instructions as problems occur.

Once the beta testing has finished and the site goes gold, all beta testers will receive a coupon code for the service. This coupon will give you 25% off the uFlix unblocking service. You can only use the coupon once.

You can use it on either a single monthly payment and receive 25% off, or you can use it on a yearly payment and receive 25% off. (yearly payments include an additional 2 months free access).

For more information about how uFlix works, please visit https://uflix.com.au

Thanks.
count me in...interested...

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I am in if you still need people when my internet finally gets connected. Could be a few weeks away though by the sound of things :rolleyes

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
i want to see how it effects my other paid subscriptions on my apple tv as well as my current us vpn connection
If you use your VPN connection whilst using uFlix the stream will still go through your VPN (slower). uFlix works a little bit differently to a VPN. It will only have data flow through its servers that has measures in place to track your location. Usually (thankfully) the stream remains untouched, which means the stream goes directly from the source server (such as netflix) directly to your computer. This effectively allows you to use up as much bandwidth as Netflix and your ISP have allowed. This happens to all channels uFlix supports.

VPN works differently. With a VPN, say you are accessing Netflix. ALL data will pass through the VPN and then to your computer (including the stream). That means that the bandwidth is relying heavily on the speed the VPN can provide it at (usually 100mbps). This will cause a drop in bandwidth, and thus your buffer will be longer and possibly your stream will suffer in quality.

On a side note to those who don't know. A VPN will allow you to surf the internet almost anonymously. This is a great tool if you enjoy privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.