Reef Discussion

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
another ID please guys
Well we raided the bargin tank again today and picked up another cool coral.
This one i hope will be easier to ID.
Please note it has only been in the tank for about 30min.
cheers
DSCF9550.JPG

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Would you guys be able to point me in the direction of a nice royal/deep blue coral, I'm looking for something of that colour to add to the tank
cheers

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
New tank ? Go blue mushies...... I bought one rock with 2 on it and they are now about 20 I'm soon to try and cultivate them onto frag rocks I'll let you know how it pans out

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Thanks guys.
I was thinking about grabbing one of their bigger ones, but after seeing how this has turned out im glad i didn't.
Their biggest one is about a 25ish cm diamiter skeli, and i was contemplateing but this one is great enough for me haha

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Thanks guys.
I was thinking about grabbing one of their bigger ones, but after seeing how this has turned out im glad i didn't.
Their biggest one is about a 25ish cm diamiter skeli, and i was contemplateing but this one is great enough for me haha
You could start a frag emporium with the big one. I don't think I have seen a pink frogspawn like yours before.

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Won't be able to drag blue zoas for a while they are VERY slow growing and as such heaps expensive $10 per polyp instead of $10 per frag :(

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
if i can ill head in tomorrow and take a shot of their big one, i might even grab it to frag and share around.
At the price it is i reckon it would be quite easy to break even on it.
How do you frag these anyway??.
cheers