Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
Zebra Moray Eel
Am considering a zebra eel and was wondering what thoughts are as far as reef and fish safe?

May be pushing it, but any thoughts on with CBS or would there be better options

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
I have a Large snowflake eel
He is fairly good , I still have peppermint shrimp in there and a mandarin ,
but he is very lazy , So i might be just lucky :)

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
your mandarin will be safe from the eel (mandarins are toxic and produce a distaceful skin secretion). I am surprised that you still have your pepermint with the snowflake as they generally specalise in feeding upon crustations. Snowflakes are beautiful creature, if my wafe let me have another specimen tank, the Eel would be in it within a blink of the eye.

Tang

Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Zebra eels are the safest eel to put in your reef tank.

Pest crabs and the like will be toast, keep them well fed and you will have a happy, healthy eel.

Those who say "DO NOT KEEP THEM THEY WILL EAT EVERYTHING", have clearly not kept them.

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
Have just found a beautiful little Zebra only 20cm long......a bit early for me, will see if the LFS will keep for me for a couple of weeks

this eel is 100% safe with fish even small fish , they are awesome docile eels , they eat things like crabs and prawns, they will not eat red line shrimp , and infact 90% of the time the red lines will set up camp on the eels body ..

rusty1

Jul 21, 2011
Gold Coast QLD
I knew I had seen pics with Redlines in its mouth.

Mine is happy in his eel cave, just sticks his head out to watch whats going on.

Hasnt looked at a fish, small or large and I still have Peps in there with Redlines.