Reef Discussion

malau

Oct 13, 2011
Which salt you use for your SPS
I am currently using seachem however the LFS seems no longer stock this and I am looking for another salt... anyone use salt with good result?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
red sea coral pro has elevated levels of calc alk and mag. i allways have had good results with it

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I've used a few brands, currently usuing Aquasonic salt, been having mixed results with it as far as it's dissolving and salinity levels being different batch to batch.. I done a lot of research into the NeoMarine salt before leaving AS and it seems the goods, haven't used it so can't comment from that perspective, also the Red Sea Coral Pro has been getting great reviews amongsts members, as Matt G said he swears by it.. IMO nothings better than fresh ocean water if you can get it (we've had the river in flood here recently which is why I've had to use ASW)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I got a thick scum of the surface from the D&D h2 oceans stuff that i brought from guppies.

I mix using a tunze 6045 in a 25lt container not sure if that has anything to do with it but the only other time ive seen this is when ive used talbots mix

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
I got a thick scum of the surface from the D&D h2 oceans stuff that i brought from guppies.

I mix using a tunze 6045 in a 25lt container not sure if that has anything to do with it but the only other time ive seen this is when ive used talbots mix
That's really strange?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Sorry to hijack but what do you use to mix yours with as im not sure if I got a dud batch, am mixing it to strong or if the stuff i crap.