Off-Topic

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Hey DavidS, how does that one off Norman st go? it's one we never drop into. Only ever been there once.
Been there twice. The guy is apparently knowledgeable, but every time I've been in there I've felt like I'm an inconvenience just by being in there.... and that's assuming I don't do something stupid like ask a question. It's an odd shop - last time I was in there it had black walls. Had a bit of stuff - but nothing marine. His wife had some personality, but he had less personality than a brick wall. Grunting probably isn't the best way to talk to customers - especially ones that have a lot of tanks!
Pity really, given it's the only dedicated LFS store here. If he'd have been remotely engaging either of the two times I've been there, he might have actually had a chance at getting some serious business out of me.

Never actually seen anyone in there, so no idea how he makes money out of it.

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
:)
The first one in Geelong was Belmont Aquarium. An old couple that just want to retire. Would have been a good little business in it's day. As time marched on, things have been let go and run down. The shop itself needs so much work its not funny. Still has some of the original fiberglass 4ft tanks in the display. As they started to leak he replaced them with custom made to size tanks. Want's us to take over the lease, that aint going to happen. When we leave the shop it would be up to us to repair 27 year's worth of water leak's, lifting floor tiles and any other damage the land lord want's. Might make an offer on the business for what they do online and mail order tho. Any stock we would just sell on E-bay and offer for sale in here. Really nice couple tho, it's a shame. They started as a hobby just like Jen & I, now they are having so much trouble getting out of it.

All I will say about the next is that it's about 30 min's from home. Thanks for that offer MagicJ, if we run into any problems, we may take you up on that.

'vspec' -God is what I call that hovering entity that drop's in now & then, ya know the one with the big black & white R lol