Reef Discussion

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Hi David,
We have a little 2x1x1 quarantine tank if you'd like to borrow it. Has a HOB skimmer, pump and substrate. Also a small power head and heater if you need them.
That's if you decide to remove the hammer so you have better access to him for care and cleaning. If so just let me know.
Good luck with the little guy!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
That wouldn't be to good of an idea, moving an already sick coral into an unstable environment!!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Hi David,
We have a little 2x1x1 quarantine tank if you'd like to borrow it. Has a HOB skimmer, pump and substrate. Also a small power head and heater if you need them.
That's if you decide to remove the hammer so you have better access to him for care and cleaning. If so just let me know.
Good luck with the little guy!
Thank you for the offer, but I should be OK. My nano is pretty easy access - especially now that it's moved up in the tank. I'm going to attempt to not bother it as much as possible now. The more he's left a lone, the better he looks :)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
So here's a current shot. Long way from what it was looking like. That lower mid section was completely bare before I went away.
DSC_5069.JPG

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Sir Psycho Sexy, you are not wrong about how far the hammer has come. Went back and looked at the first pic you posted, there is a huge improvement. A few of us thought he was a goner for sure. You have done really well to bring him back thus far. Will be great to see him back in full health.
:)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Latest hammer shot. Was a little fuller over on the right earlier, but I've found that in the evening it does start to pull back a bit.. especially once the dimming starts!

Attachments

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Another day - another photo.
I moved a wave maker that was pointing towards it, and just pointed it more towards the front of the tank. Still seems to be waving around happily, but as soon as I did this, the right side of it started looking happier.
DSC_5139i.JPG
Also - when it pulls back a bit during the night, I've noticed what looks like very tiny little hammers between the parts of the skeleton. Can seem them when they blow around with the lights on to.