Reef Discussion

Mr B

Jun 23, 2013
Ultra corals australia, anyone tried them?
Found a new supplier on the net of corals based in Mackay Qld, got some fairly flash stuff decent price tag hanging off them was a 500 dolla gold hammer when I had a look :O

Just wondering if anyone's orded from them Before and how they go?

Cheers nath

vman

Go you Mighty Roosters !!!!
Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
From one tight arse to another Im down witchu on that one matey.

By the way......are you one finger tight or Two?

Mr B

Jun 23, 2013
^^Crazy! Some of the fluffy rics are off the chain! Black and red and blue and black! Why don't we see more of these around the place!?

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
They just started today, used to be part owners of corals down under and Dave from extreme reef so very reliable :)

They export a lot of top line stuff but I guess we've all been asking for export and here's our chance.... who wants to spot me $1500 ;)

Last edited:

Mr B

Jun 23, 2013
Opened today!?!
Think this is a sign from the reef gods to spend my tax return at ultracoralsaustralia ;)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Your right @Mr B some of that stuff is insane!
I hear ya @vman
Even if we all pitched in @Sarg for one eye it going to take awhile before we all get a piece lol.

Even if those pics have been "tided" up, you can still see the huge potential in those pieces & may take a chance.
Id run the customs gamble & "forget" i had that in my pocket lol, not sure about the 18 hour plane trip tho.

I think if ultra coral Aust. can grab bits like that, even just a few, they have a chance of changing the face of Aust. reefing, not a claim many could lay claim to I believe. One day there will be none of this mega ultra coral left in Aust. at least this way a lucky few could help keep some pieces in the country.

Mr B

Jun 23, 2013
Just doing research and there's a grade higher then ultra..master grade..wow

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
This is a symphillia I got off Dave from extreme reef who got it from CDU who are now all UCA lol.

iPhone pic no editing. I think it was a bit pissy due to two days of tank screwing around in which I had to change 200 odd ltrs of water. Her colours were popping!

image.jpg

In saying that CDU from there own mouths used to send the best overseas. I saw some awesome zoas on masa and they themselves said they went os to help build their rep over there.

That monti on the UCA photo banner 1 single frag was sold through Dave on extreme reef the rest was sent to the states.

Hopefully more of their coral starts to stay local......

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Yep these are expensive corals, but at the same time I would rather they were available here for a price than head to the US where they sell for a shitload more.

The minimum order and airport shipping is annoying as I would really like some smaller pieces (eg $45 zoas, $80 hammer). Oh well.