Hammers are loving life and growing new heads
Morphs are great
Zoa's some are growing crazy and some haven't grown at all
Blastos doing well
Fluro green leather happy and healthy

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Mine sulks occasionally for a day or so and then comes back better than ever.

What are you feeding them?

Do you have some photo's?

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
Ill get photos tonight
Tbh I was target feeding to begin with but stopped and now just use reef roids and lobster eggs frozen baby shrimp rofiters and a mix normally just feed that straight to the tank every second night
But last night I soked some prawn and squid in reef roids for half an hour and feed all 3 trachys and they puffed up and looked good so maybe they were starving and need more direct feeding
There under m/h 14000k globes for 6 hours a day and 4x t5 actinic for 10 if this helps

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
These corals usually don't mind super clean water but in my experience they do need a little phosphate, as do many non sps corals. Having said that though I doubt your phosphate really is at zero, even with hannah testers it varies as while the testers are good, quality control on their regents is infamously bad.

I would definately just keep giving them a good feed and get that alk up.

Good luck mate.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
How long have you had them for? It could be something to do with where they are situated in the tank - there's not a spec of detritus that I can see so I'm wondering if the current is too strong for them? Also moving them up in the tank where they get more light won't hurt till you work out whats wrong, though I don't think thats the problem at all. Has the one on the left been dropped at all? You sometimes see that sort of tissue recession after they have gone butter side down.

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
Things aren't getting any better really
Slowly loosing hope for it to recover
The small ones doing great
Think maybe something's attacking it because I can't think of what els it could be
It's stopped taking food aswell

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
It's very close to that hammer & hammers have stingers up to 200mm long that extend in the dark. I would move it.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Brendan,

I've bought sick & damaged trachy's from Mentone twice now, both worse than yours. With good light and a bit of feeding they both came really good. Admittedly I was lucky though.

Do you have any reefsafe 100% amino acid powder you can mix with coral food? It has to sit for an hour before feeding to infuse properly but I find it really helps corals, especially sick ones.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I don't I will buy some this week tho if that's going to help
Thanks
If you can't get any quickly, you're welcome to call by & I'll give you some. It's great stuff and I now use it with all coral feed. Lasts a fair while too as you don't need much.

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
Trachy wouldn't harm another trachy would it?
Ill prob grab some on Thursday and give a go
I have been feeding reef roids and rofiters and lobster eggs
Also baby shrimp not sure what type they are but everything seems to enjoy them
Need to set up my new tank so everything has room to move