Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Time To Aquascape
So today I went to a plastics place and picked up 10m of 10mm acrylic rods cut in 1m lengths.

I may use some of this for my tank but will be using it first on this tank and on a mates tank.

Has anyone used it before and have any tips? @mcs I know you did, do you have any tips?

Hoping to aquascape this weekend with the help of @NiCd :p

I also picked up a sheet of acrylic and poly-carb in case we decide to make a base, but I doubt we will need it.

Acrylic Rod.JPG

Last edited:

mcs

Jun 14, 2014
So today I went to a plastics place and picked up 10m of 10mm acrylic rods cut in 1m lengths.

I may use some of this for my tank but will be using it first on this tank and on a mates tank.

Has anyone used it before and have any tips? @mcs I know you did, do you have any tips?

Hoping to aquascape this weekend with the help of @NiCd :p

I also picked up a sheet of acrylic and poly-carb in case we decide to make a base, but I doubt we will need it.

View attachment 42154
Be careful when drilling is the main thing, especially if your using any thinner pieces, also don't force things too much, i cracked one rock doing that, but patched it back together.

Also be patient with the whole thing, don't rush the process and it will turn out good.

Same goes for cutting the lengths and lining everything up and trying to get it all to fit properly, have fun :P

Cheers Mark~

Nov 15, 2012
not hammer time...

I will be interested to see how this goes. was thinking of doing this on my next tank. either acryllic rods or creating a shape out of pvc pipe and moulding the rock scape around that...

Acryllic rods seem huge in the states but not seen many here do it.

LEG-IT

Feb 12, 2012
Bossley Park
I should really make a separate TJ and call it "Tammys coral holding tank" or you should add one

Shallow reef with mp40, plus ATI t5 + illumagic led and vertex skimmer - all to hold a few corals, you ballin outta control

Nov 15, 2012
really like the way it hangs above the sand. This is the sort of thing I want to do next in my larger tank. Its more natural and is akin to what I have seen snorkelling.