Reef Discussion

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
(Dogs being the exception)
More double standards :p

Anyway, not to get off topic too much, but I don't see a huge issue with selective breeding as long as hte resulting critters can lead a healthy life not too dissimilar to that intended. Which is why to me, most dog breeds are fine but some like toy breeds are just stupid. Same with fish - if you selectively breed a fish to be pure white but it's normal in every other way - awesome. Those stubbies though are ridiculous ...

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
The clowns have been abstaining for a little while - I had some eggs hatch last week but noticed that there was another nest being laid tonight. But, they have started laying on the coral skeleton behind the tile :rage

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
The clowns have been abstaining for a little while - I had some eggs hatch last week but noticed that there was another nest being laid tonight. But, they have started laying on the coral skeleton behind the tile :rage
Maybe 'god' told them to do that

grimnir

Aug 12, 2013
Parkinson
great work. would love to grab some but I really don't like freighting fish have had to many issues in the past :(

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
@MichelleShocked - you are welcome to whatever you want :)

@RobbieMVFC , @grimnir and @Albino thanks for the encouragement although, to be honest, it wasn't as hard as I had originally imagined. Maybe it was just beginners luck, or maybe research and planning does count for something.

I have managed to sell about 25 so far (including 10 to a LFS) and will hopefully be able to sell another 10 or so - there is not a big market in Hobart :(

Anyway, after being quiet for a while the clowns were doing there thing again tonight - maybe they got turned on by the Banggai's :rolleyes

Clownfish-600.jpg

Only a small nest, but at least they are back laying on the tile - although the tile is not quite as pristine as when they first started :)

Albino

Feb 23, 2013
Glad I got to tag along. I've just started my bachelor degree in aquaculture and love to get some extra info wherever I can :)

I'm sure beginners luck wasn't it. You seem to have a pretty good idea!

Good luck with this batch!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Awesome to see it went so well and you got to sell a few Magic :D Seeing these sorts of aquaculture projects go well makes me so happy to kudos to you mate :) Hopefully you can sell a few more and good luck with the Banggai's!