Glass ordered
Build begins :)

Excited & terrified all at the same time

IMG_6848.JPG

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

That's going to be sooo much fun having all that room!

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
WOOOOOWWWW!
Great size, I cannot wait to see this one come together .
Is this your 3rd upgrade in 4/5 years . I think your a little addicted to this hobby ....lol (arn't we all)

Trash

Jan 21, 2013
That looks awesome! It will be so good to create some cool aquascaping whilst allowing the fish plenty of room to swim. Very jealous!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
WOOOOOWWWW!
Great size, I cannot wait to see this one come together .
Is this your 3rd upgrade in 4/5 years . I think your a little addicted to this hobby ....lol (arn't we all)
This is 3rd tank 4yrs

Will be the last
No more ever ever ever !!!!!!!!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Thanks everyone

Very exciting but terrified too
It's a whole different level in reef keeping
And terrified for my stock
Never cycled a tank before

But bonus is that I've come a long way In understanding this hobby
So looking forward to learning even more

Thanks also to @Sam Parker
For being the most amazing , patient & helpful mentor anyone could ask for

I honestly don't believe I wouid still be in this hobby if not for him & @The Reefuge

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Plans confirmed
Glass ordered
Build begins :)

Excited & terrified all at the same time

View attachment 56079
...and i am told i am a Madman for what I am planning..:-) Mine will be 2500 long x 1100 wide and 910 high, free-standing all 4 sides viewable.
Trying to nail down the best set-up re overflow box and return water - anyone you can recommend for advice and to build the tank ??
Jac

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
...and i am told i am a Madman for what I am planning..:) Mine will be 2500 long x 1100 wide and 910 high, free-standing all 4 sides viewable.
Trying to nail down the best set-up re overflow box and return water - anyone you can recommend for advice and to build the tank ??
Jac
Billy @ starfire aquatics Victoria
Transports build all over Australia been amazing to deal with , always available , brilliant to work with and works directly with engineers

A central weir would be the way to go

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Lesley,
thanks. I have faced a blank wall with several.. asking me to provide the design, and they will build - not even willing to visit the site to understand what it takes to put a tank this size together, in co-ordination with the build of the new room/extension. Pretty frustrating.
Overall size has increased ( thanks dear wife) to 2800, x 1100 wide and 910 deep ( depending on the glass supplier)
The big issue is if I keep it simple and install the sump under the tank, traditional, or plumb it in to have all equipment in the basement, about 10 meter away and one floor down.
Pro'sd and con's for both.
I am lucky enough to have this option, but if I do the basement option, it comes with some practical drawbacks.

Appreciate everyones thoughts and suggestions.

I hope everyone , especially those in Brisbane , got through the floods with minimal damage.. we were luck on the Gold Coast.. big winds, lost a few cushions, and a chair, but otherwise, nothing to complain about.

Jac

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Lesley,
thanks. I have faced a blank wall with several.. asking me to provide the design, and they will build - not even willing to visit the site to understand what it takes to put a tank this size together, in co-ordination with the build of the new room/extension. Pretty frustrating.
Overall size has increased ( thanks dear wife) to 2800, x 1100 wide and 910 deep ( depending on the glass supplier)
The big issue is if I keep it simple and install the sump under the tank, traditional, or plumb it in to have all equipment in the basement, about 10 meter away and one floor down.
Pro'sd and con's for both.
I am lucky enough to have this option, but if I do the basement option, it comes with some practical drawbacks.

Appreciate everyones thoughts and suggestions.

I hope everyone , especially those in Brisbane , got through the floods with minimal damage.. we were luck on the Gold Coast.. big winds, lost a few cushions, and a chair, but otherwise, nothing to complain about.

Jac
My only concern is the 910mm
My god I thought we were tall at 700
I was hoping we could go lower this build but hubby insisted on keeping it the same
Cleaning the bottom , reaching for corals etc will be a nightmare
Good luck will be interested to follow the build

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Sam,
thanks.
After have the sump under my 8 ft tank for 20 years, I always swore that if I get another, I will separate the sump to a location out of the room. The issue was noise, water splash, and having a monolith stand effect.. but talking last week with the plumber, it will be quite a job to core drill through the wall, then the slab to get the pipes from the new extension room, to the basement, and then pump back. Someone also made a comment about practicality, with the tank and the sump so far from one another, but I suppose it may be a hassle min the set up, but once that is set, and the parameters established, it should not be too bad.
Still undecided...hate being fickle, but trying to be cautious this time, rather than having to retro fix later

Jac