Reef Discussion

JonoD

Mar 3, 2015
Haha sorry Jono :p

As far as second hand skimmers go, the one I've been using for about 2 years now I got off gumtree and haven't had any problems. Was the Reef octopus bh 1000, just had to give it a good clean, nothing can go wrong with skimmers aside the pump going really. And they're usually the cheaper thing to replace so if you're stuck nothing wrong with second hand.

There's also heaps out there but no one seems to want to post them so you really have to be a bit lucky with one popping up in your area
Yeah I had a bit of a look around on gum tree and found a couple but we're still fairly deer, and I live in a county area in NSW and there isn't much around and if I were to by something I wouldn't be able to go and have a look at It , but in saying that still keeping that option open until I'm 100% on the d500

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I have the Coral box 500 .
It's great, set and forget unit, haven't serviced it once in 1.5 years, clean the cup and neck when I get around to it say week to fortnight.
It keeps my tank well balanced in terms of zero nitrates and zero phosphates with just the right amount of undetectable nutrients to run an SPS tank. For the money you can't go wrong.:D

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Ill update you on mine Jono, ended up coming today but I don't have time to set it up till the weekend :(

JonoD

Mar 3, 2015
one last question, I went to buy the d500 last night and for the same price or a little less I could get the Skimz monster E-series SM121. just wanted to get the opinion of you guys/girls on which one would be a better buy?