• No

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Site Overhaul
Hi everyone,

In preparation for a major upgrade to the core software I have been slowly recoding parts of the site. Me being me, went off the rails a bit and I started experimenting with a dark colour scheme just for a bit of fun. I have no idea if I love what I am seeing or if I hate it, so I would like to hear some feedback.

This is just "playing around" right now, and even the colour scheme is only half-done. Please let me know if you prefer the light colour scheme for the site, or if you all would prefer a darker colour scheme.

Thanks.

test1.png

test2.png

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
No option for candy?

I like the lighter theme. But then again, dark would be nice for those times when browsing on the phone in bed at night so as not to be blinded :p

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
What the hell's all this white and black? Damn, go to Australia and they don't like the red man there either. :D

E

ezza

I like both. No issues with dark as I never wear my glasses when I should and I find it easier to read with less glare. I am used to the light here though so meh!

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I'm sitting on the fence: I just realised I haven't had much experience with reading or writing white text on a black background and so can't really comment.

The views expressed above suggest that I should vote for white. So, if pressed, I would vote for white.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
damn just voted and its 50-50.... :) I hope it was enough to keep the lighter theme.

I think the current theme is very clean, and easy to read. there is a few other forums I belong to mostly tech related and the fonts really small and difficult to navigate.

the only thing Im not a fan of is the fact for new visitors its not obvious community = forum

MQ-9

Nov 25, 2014
Purple writing on blue background goes fuzzy for me. Only thing that kills the darker theme for me.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Almost eveyone that posted in this thread preferred the light theme, and yet the vote is currently 50:50 :confused:

We need somebody to do a scientific study as to why that might be :D

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
im approaching 30 and i don't like change anymore lol…white!
Racist! What about all the dark blue liking people in this world!

I like both but couldn't live permanently dark, I would need pills.