Off-Topic

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Show us your computer setup!!
Modified mine today!

Overkill? i think not :D , spent the day modifying and cleaning up and old desk. gave it a coat of black acrylic paint, not a bad restore on the cheap!! i7 2600K, 16GB ram, 180GB intel 520SSD, 3TB 7200RPM , Radeon 7950 video card, Dual HP ZR2240W's 24inch IPS Monitors.

These monitors :cum
computer-setup_20130504_0354E.jpg

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Brag much lol?

Probably should be waiting a couple of days after painting it before the monitors sit on it... there is a difference between paint being touch dry and hardening up enough to be durable.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Probably should be waiting a couple of days after painting it before the monitors sit on it... there is a difference between paint being touch dry and hardening up enough to be durable.
Hope you have some paint left @MTG - I'm guessing that the monitors will be stuck to the desk by now :p

Nice monitors though :worship

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Haha yeah Cept I was pushed for time! Will be fine they have little bumps on the feet. :D can't wait to get home and play with these bad boys

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Haha yeah Cept I was pushed for time! Will be fine they have little bumps on the feet. :D can't wait to get home and play with these bad boys
Said little bumps will be permanent bumps on that desk pretty quickly. Need give that kind of thing a couple of days to harden up before you put anything on it.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Said little bumps will be permanent bumps on that desk pretty quickly. Need give that kind of thing a couple of days to harden up before you put anything on it.
try saying that to brydie o_0 you will have no head left!

bug

May 25, 2012
Melbourne
oh bitfenix case! how are you liking it?
what mobo you using? :)

ok thanks. just getting in on the nerdgasm here.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
oh bitfenix case! how are you liking it?
what mobo you using? :)

ok thanks. just getting in on the nerdgasm here.
asus itx, the case its good but its so hard to work in haha!!! it is compact tho and can fit a large video card and power supply and cooler!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
asus itx, the case its good but its so hard to work in haha!!! it is compact tho and can fit a large video card and power supply and cooler!
Bloody kids and computer bits. You'll all get over that shit one day and start keeping computers for more than 10 minutes.. by then you'll have found a use for them that isn't games :P
Now stop bullshitting on and go find me somewhere cheap to get 2 x 4TB hdds, 16GB DDR3... and a 120GB SSD :P

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Bloody kids and computer bits. You'll all get over that shit one day and start keeping computers for more than 10 minutes.. by then you'll have found a use for them that isn't games :p
Now stop bullshitting on and go find me somewhere cheap to get 2 x 4TB hdds, 16GB DDR3... and a 120GB SSD :p
haha ive had this one for a year! only the monitors are new. and ive only gamed on this card once!!! only workout it gets is cs6 :D

get an intel SSD!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
haha ive had this one for a year! only the monitors are new. and ive only gamed on this card once!!! only workout it gets is cs6 :D

get an intel SSD!
Meh.. I only want to use an SSD for swap space as things get a little temperamental after I pull it out of suspend. The 2 4TBs can go into my media server. I'll grab its 2 2TBs for this machine. That'll let me get rid of some externals :P