Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Just wondering if my new dwarf Angel was collected with cyanide. He eats like a pig too.
Not from Brazil mate, if they used anything it would be quinine. Jakarta and The Philippines have always been the hot spots for cyanide collecting.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Not from Brazil mate, if they used anything it would be quinine. Jakarta and The Philippines have always been the hot spots for cyanide collecting.
Cheers - his behaviour is not typical of Cyanide collected . Was very interactive with other fish and myself. What about Hawaii? What are they using?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
They'd put your ass under the jail if you were caught using drugs in Hawaii. Most places are using nets, but old habits die hard in the Indo Pacific area. Those are the only places that have issues with cyanide collection regularly. I'll know for sure tomorrow afternoon, I don't have anything on so I'm going to see what the mass spectrometer says. I check the liver and gills because that's where it will be concentrated.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Well, the answer to the cyanide question is yes and no. Yes for the Firefish and no to the gobies and hawk. I know this, that was my last box of critters from there for personal use. And yea nils, there are heat packs in the shipments. There wasn't a temp issue, it was 22 here when they arrived, the perfect temp for shipping fish and corals, not too hot and not too cold.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Nothing else has checked out so we're over the hump now. Another one of the little Antenna gobies that I thought was dead showed up this morning so I'm happy. I think I'm going to put them in their own little system and try to get them to spawn.

I'm hoping Vietnam ship out in the next few weeks, there are some REALLY nice mushrooms from there as well as leathers. Sunday a Cairns Marine order arrives so hopefully some goodies in there for us too.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Everything got cancelled except Bali fish and I didn't get my personal order done in time for this weekend so it was a nice relaxing weekend. Not good for the bottom line, but good for my well being, lol.

Most of the critters that are in QT right now will be moved to their tanks at some time this week when the screen arrives for the tops. Everyone's doing good and have been wormed and are eating like pigs. I've got a line on a beautiful 200 gallon rimless, 5' long, 30' wide and 27' tall, it has 28mm thick Starfire glass on 3 sides.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Everything has been spotty the last 2 weeks with the holidays here in the USA. Still waiting for Vietnam to ship, I need mushrooms and more leather corals to sell with Crimbo quickly approaching.

Meet Gary:
ai.imgur.com_EgXNKYe.jpg

here are a few more of that monster leather coral that came in. The other night we had an OH SHIT moment when it went into sad Panda mode and slumped over, I thought it was dying, but alas he propped himself back up. This thing is impressive and it's probably going to end up as the centre piece in a larger tank. I was playing around with the flash too, damn near blinded myself when I bounced it off the front of the tank, lol.

ai.imgur.com_z2E6lZt.jpg

ai.imgur.com_xy5L1PY.jpg

Ritteris:

ai.imgur.com_0wnUmtH.jpg

Cocoworms:

ai.imgur.com_ODl085h.jpg