Tank Journal Archive

noah

Nov 28, 2011
Brisbane
Cheers.... it has clean natural lines that I like. Still not sure how best to seed or populate it with coral.
Here's a nother shot in natural daylight.
ai1107.photobucket.com_albums_h387_Rivertribe_876b1ee9.jpg

noah

Nov 28, 2011
Brisbane
So latest update is I've recently stocked my tank from someone else's who was closing up there tank. So got lots of new goodies. Unfortunately many of the corals are not in great health. So going to have to put on my nurse hat and give these little fellas some tlc
Recent pic
[Broken External Image]:http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h387/Rivertribe/0523d058.jpg
ai1107.photobucket.com_albums_h387_Rivertribe_b0372f09.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h387/Rivertribe/3ea438d9.jpg
ai1107.photobucket.com_albums_h387_Rivertribe_33f06cc7.jpg

I've made this small stand from egg create as I've no plans to permanently fix corals to the live rock as the whole tank will need to be moved to another location within the month and I think it will be easier if I can move all corals individually and not connected to coral. So dispute the Urge to set things up a little more aesthetically pleasing I've gone with what's better in the long term.
So picked up a couple of strombs a few hermits a small urchin and a starfish
ai1107.photobucket.com_albums_h387_Rivertribe_7c0fcaa3.jpg

On the coral front got a torch that has all it's friends die and was the last one surviving.
A hammer that's got a lot of bleaching. And a bunch of others that I've jet to id.

Also replaced thy crap t8 light fixture with the horizon octopus t5 day/night light I had sitting there.
The funny thing is I installed it at night time turned on the artinic and the tank lit up with this glow that freaked me out.
I never knew corals glowed in the dark as you never see that at a pet shop and I'd never heard anyone mention it ... Way cool. Was a nice suprise.
other than that things seem to be moving along well. Gonna do a huge water change in the next few days. And possible rearrange the sump to fi in the chiller.