Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Pushing Phosphate Elimination To The Next Level.
Fed up with paying high prices for products I've decided to go cheap.
I've been using liquid phosphate binders successfully for over a year.
My mate @MTG put me onto it and since then I think he would agree that Reefkeeping has never been so easy.
Today I went to Bunnings and picked this up. For $20 this should last me a long time. I plan to start off with a very small dose.
After diluting say 1ml in 1 liter of RODI I will add it to the tank.
Let me get back to you with more data. Stay tuned.
ai744.photobucket.com_albums_xx85_slin1977_image_zps1db807e4.jpg

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Mtg and lanthanum, thought he was stuck on the idea that it was evil. Lmao. Don't be afraid slin. Dose into your skimmer. If the water outside of the skimmer goes cloudy, you've added to much, don't panic though just add less next time. Oh.... read up on the rad field ratio too, I'd say very important to have this understanding. Good luck

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Good work, have used this in the past with great success, its very very powerful stuff.

I have seen on US forums they have started making specific reactors to filter out the bound materials.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
wow!!!!! where did you dose it and how much?
I am lazy.... Dosed 1 ml straight into the over flow chamber at the top of the tank. Maybe some Phos got bound into the filter floss or taken out by the skimmer.
There is also a chance of a false reading as the dose was done only 12 hours ago.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
If you dose into your skimmer and it has an outlet you can get a filter sock on or even dose into a filter sock it would be better. I just dosed (diluted) into my skimmer and that in itself wasn't good enough to get it out.

If it get into your tank it will bind to your glass. It took me 4 sessions with a razor blade to get it off my glass. I also lost all my montis whilst I was dosing too as I wasn't getting it all out properly.

Just saying do it right as your tank is sweet it would be a shame to lose anything.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
When I'm in full swing I always do 10 percent weekly water changes. When I am having a bad week I let it stretch to a fortnightly change.
I've used 3 bottles of brightwells phosphate E over the course of my liquid binding career. Just got the shits with LFS charging a premium for essential products. The price of Rowa is stupidly expensive.... With brightwells phosphate E at $45 a bottle I lost my shit and looked elsewhere.
As most of you can tell I have also gone off Zeovit for the fact that it's expensive to shake those Zeo stones.
I am going back to basics running my reef with minimal fuss and not slaving to overpriced goods.
Basics for me are Red Sea Coral Pro salt, filter floss, activated carbon from @K&J , No name brand skimmer no name brand Calcium reactor , flow by Tunze, return by Eheim ,heater by Sera, Last but not least lighting by Illumagic LED.

Last edited:

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Basics for me are Red Sea Coral Pro salt, filter floss, activated carbon from @KandJ , No name brand skimmer no name brand Calcium reactor , flow by Tunze, return by Eheim ,heater by Sera, Last but not least lighting by Illumagic LED.
Now you're talking my language!