Reef Discussion

vman

Go you Mighty Roosters !!!!
Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
OMG OMG OMG
im so spewing i hope you guys can shed some light.

lost my monti and pink poci and my hammers look on thier way out and my lost my chalice and couple others
yet all my other sps are unafected:banghead

the nite before i dosed a concoction of reef roids and 100% reefsafe aminos and the procoral zooton and phyton
and it could be out of date and i dosed way to much i have a feeling.not running a skimmer at moment and the next day i noticed my cat was detached and chalice was gone with a few other corals a bit hows ya father and now
when i came home from work i lost my pink poci and others mentioned.

leading up to it all was so perfect as i was doing heaps of regula nsw water changes so i know my parameters were all spot on,all i can think of is i over dosed them with coral foods? could a drop in salinity cause this?

any ideas? any others out there had similar?

Gutted

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Does sound like the overdosing that caused the issue, maybe the amino acids in particular?

Get onto the water changes hopefully that will save the rest.

vman

Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
yeah im in the proscess of doing a total transfusion over half doz water changes over the next 6 hours

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
im with above big 90 pct water change to level it back out.
any bite marks at all on the corals?
due to it being so rapid im also thinking OD

chris1987

Sep 16, 2012
newcastle
crazy things happen i just dont belive that those aminos would do that i dose a lot of them and leave my skimmer off for a day with no isses

chris1987

Sep 16, 2012
newcastle
i feed, 2 spoons of amino, 1 spoon of reef roids, 1 block of rotifers, 1 spoon of photo, and half a spoon of zooton once a week- following dosing i leave my skimmer off for 24 hours

vman

Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
hmmmm interesting hypothsis gentlemen,my thoughts are considering a proscess of elimination and the fact that the very regular water changes
i happend to be doing in the 2 weeks leading up to the point of the one off administration of the concoction,leads me to believe that after
considering what ant said about the skimmer which by the way did cross the dark rescesses of my kooky brain,that it could be in fact that the
lack of skimmer and the fact that i wasnt running carbon at the time(where as i was running a skimmer and carbon a month ot two prior to the
lead up of my predicament)leads me to believe it had to be very likely that the one thing i did different a day before it happend
could very well be the cause no matter how unlikley it may seem to some.

i have gone and checked my corals after work tonite and after the transfusion last nite, i think i have reverted a total crash.

i am goint to do a 50% transfusion tonite in hope that it will better things.

vman

Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
News flash do doo do dooo do do doo

Over 500.00 dollars worth of corals lost

Running carbon and more water changes........

vman

Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
cheers Mate,not sure what happen to my post just now,aint gonna write all that again lol,i think there is a bacteria thats killing my corals.

is there any medication that stops the dieing corals from infecting whats left?

malafix?

chris1987

Sep 16, 2012
newcastle
that sounds like it could of been the cause, thats what caused mine a few months ago, dip what you have left increase flow, dose a good bactreia like zeo bak, you could also try running uv