Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
November Update...post Crash
So I thought I would show what the tank was before the crash and now after the crash. Upsetting to see where it was but glad to see things are really happy again and soon ready to slow be stocked again.

Pre-Crash

IMG_2136.JPG

FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2135.JPG IMG_2136.JPG IMG_2210.JPG IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG IMG_2125.JPG IMG_2137.JPG

Post-Crash
Tank Crash Recovery (4).JPG

Tank Crash Recovery (1).JPG Tank Crash Recovery (2).JPG Tank Crash Recovery (3).JPG Tank Crash Recovery (6).JPG
Tank Crash Recovery (4).JPG Tank Crash Recovery (5).JPG

Some Updates:
-Clown Jumped out...and it was the one bullying the other one not the one being bullied....replaced it with another one very similar especially in size too, the one that was bullied lost all its colour and it has since returned
-Added a second Vortech MP10wES
-Going to be ordering a GHL2 Doser for the dosing. (need ideas on a cabinet to hide everything that doesn't look out of place next to the Elos)
-Adding a Flame Angel I have been caring for, for the past 2 months.
-On the hunt for a Juvie French and Regal Angel.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
There is a juvi french over here at Deer Park. Maybe not that young, but not big either.

Man, that Goni - wow!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Wow, you lost a lot of stock with the crash . . but it's handy to see what corals actually survived the crash.
Do you know what caused it?

I just read your other post as to the cause :(

Last edited:

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Wow, you lost a lot of stock with the crash . . but it's handy to see what corals actually survived the crash.
Do you know what caused it?

I just read your other post as to the cause :(
Lost a fair bit....but have a 3x2x1 full of coral ready to go that @LEG-IT has been keeping for me...i owe him half of them as a favour lol

@NiCd has 2 gonis he picked up for me a few weeks back also that should be making their way in here hopefully this week....i think its gon'be gon'i craz'y lol....got pink/red/tequila sunrise/purple with toxic green/pink with blue....gonna knock off little frags off the colonies and just mount them in there not sure how it will look.

Already have a bubble coral ready to go back in there hopefully nicer than the last one a little bit however they looked similar under the lighting that i got them from so who knows.

Lighting is another thing...im getting my hands on a Kessil A360eW this week and contemplating swapping it with the teszla but im not sure yet gonna see how it compares, I just know the corals have been loving the teszla however just doesnt give enough blue for me.

E

ezza

What a bummer :( it's so sad to see that you had a crash. Good luck for the rebuilding of your colonies.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
That red algae is a relatively new thing and seems to be from aquaculture facilities.
I did stock my tank with loads of Aqua-cultured pieces from @Oceanarium, i wonder if it may have traveled from there?

I have ordered several things form them in the past, never seen this before though, could be from anywhere really :/

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So things are looking good....the coralline algae has taken off I think maybe because there aren't so many corals in the tank currently but it has literally quadrupled everywhere it was, I'm hoping it takes over the red cotton algae that is growing on the weir because that too has gone a bit crazy on there and doesn't seem to come off however it only seems to be on there so not overly worried.

I'm going to be starting to move some corals in slowly, but this update is for some other livestock that has gone in :)

1x Mini Blue Linckia Star...this thing is a bit smaller than my palm, hoping to try find one even smaller but this is the smallest I've seen.
2x Blood Red Shrimp
2x Cleaner Shrimp
1x Juvenile Hawaiian Flame (female I've been told)

When the flame went in the tank the Kole Tang went nuts, was tail whipping the flame but I've had a close look and it doesn't seem to even have any spines there lol so not sure what's going on there.

I then got the coral feeder and kept pushing the Kole into his hiding spot, every time he tried coming out I'd keep waving it making him go in the cave til eventually (after 10 minutes) he stayed in there and the flame then got itself out of the corner and was looking around and checking out it's new surroundings, I've had this flame in my tank for about 2 months getting it really happy and fat, it was just starting to boss things around in my tank so was good timing although I think, it had just gotten comfortable.

We then fed the tank to get everything pre-occupied and the flame was eating so was good to see, was funny that the flame wasn't breathing heavy or anything it was like it was saying 'keep going....then we'll see what happens...wait til you sleep' lol.

Anyway just a couple pics

IMG_2956.JPG

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

IMG_2963.jpg

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Anyone know where i could get a cabinet for the side of the tank, I saw this on another forum...and it also made me wish I got her the Elos System 70 lol :(

elostankfull1.jpg