Off-Topic

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
.... a big Ego-statement about how you feel.....
Yes! I hate it how people book it into their calendar to make a public display of their love for their family and friends. If you feel that way, just show it! Say it! Be unexpected and just buy a present 'because'.

And while I'm at it - couples who write love messages on each others Facebook walls or have a full conversation while they are sitting next to each other at home :p

Cosby

May 14, 2013
People who sign up to a forum, create a username and then sign off on every post with that username.

Cosby.

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
And while I'm at it - couples who write love messages on each others Facebook walls or have a full conversation while they are sitting next to each other at home :p
Whats worse is the deleting of separate FB profiles and opening a combined profile.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Thats ok as long as they sign off on whose typing. Slightly different, but I recently was texting a friend back and forth for a whole week - only to find that I'd been talking to her hubby! It never occurred to him that I would think it was his wife either which I thought would have been obvious *face palm*

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I seem to get a lot of use out of this thread :p

No shows
People who mistake nice people for being pushovers (you want to test that theory twice? No? Didn't think so..)
Parents who say their kid has ADD when it's never been diagnosed by a medical professional - in our family we call this having a 'parenting disability'
That one person in every workplace who makes everyone grumpy or miserable and needs to be shot
How you feel super motivated to get things done when you can't do them, but as soon as you get the opportunity you just want to watch a movie in your PJ's
When you put a lot of effort into cooking something, then at the very last minute you burn it
When you're completely ignorant about a topic but have to make decisions about it anyway - eg. in my case, my car and things like that!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria

No shows
People who mistake nice people for being pushovers (you want to test that theory twice? No? Didn't think so..)
Parents who say their kid has ADD when it's never been diagnosed by a medical professional - in our family we call this having a 'parenting disability'
That one person in every workplace who makes everyone grumpy or miserable and needs to be shot
How you feel super motivated to get things done when you can't do them, but as soon as you get the opportunity you just want to watch a movie in your PJ's
When you put a lot of effort into cooking something, then at the very last minute you burn it
When you're completely ignorant about a topic but have to make decisions about it anyway - eg. in my case, my car and things like that!
If I had any gold left, I'd give it to you for this post.
ADD = Anti Disciplinary Disorder suffered by parents (and a few of the kids actually diagnosed with its same-abbreviated, often mis-diagnosed relative). Symptoms include trying to reason with children too young to comprehend english, trying to reason with children who clearly couldn't care less about being reasoned with, ignorance of screaming children and other "bad" behaviours, and too busy talking on the phone to care that the kids a breaking/and or knicking stuff from the shop shelves.

Things that piss me off....
Mergers between organisations where the "being merged" party takes professional and diplomatic courtesy as a sign of weakness to which they can attempt to assert their dominance via whatever strategic means they think necessary (read: politically using people who have no functional nor technical relevance to the situation who somehow manage to create a somewhat paradoxical situation within the situation wasting a myriad of nearly non-existent resources to justify the importance of a subset of an organisation who aren't entirely functional due to the nearly non-existent resources required to achieve the original objective without having to further waste said nearly non-existent resources on politics created by non technical people trying to justify their own existence in a situation where their functional relevance is well, nil). Yup, that's gonna end well, and no, I can't elaborate to make that any less cryptic.

And...dickheads who think because they have jobs as web designers that they started last week, think they somehow have a far superior technical understanding of the underlying protocols that make email work than someone who was working for ISPs and fiddling with mail servers before most people had internet connections at home. Pffft.

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone

No shows

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
When you find a tank journal or article online that claims to have had success with something difficult to keep, and there is NO follow up past the first year! :rage

Equal to that are the really old random posts you find where someone says 'oh I've had one of those in my sump for 8 years surviving on fairy floss!' and there is no way to contact them :cry

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
!!!!! TELSTRA !!!!!
I now sort of (not really) work for them.... and I can't believe I'm saying this but, they're not so bad! Its their outsourced call centres that are the problem - cross cultural, heavy accents and lack of training issues specifically - and even more of a problem, ill informed customers (thats a dig at Telstra, not the customers). Now that I know this I will NEVER call them again unless it is bill related or I'm booking a technician to come to the house - go to your local Telstra shop and deal with Aussie staff, much better. You are also supporting an Australian business this way and some of these shops struggle to survive.

Also, being on the other side of the fence now - the amount of people that have self-inflicted issues with their phones and bills yet blame their carrier for it far outweigh Telstra blunders *ducks and hides*

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Yep, I've gone to the Grey side, lol. The main thing I think they should let their customers know is that you don't ever have to have a massive bill if you go over your call/data allowance. That I didn't know until recently - don't you think that would be nice to know??

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Yep, I've gone to the Grey side, lol. The main thing I think they should let their customers know is that you don't ever have to have a massive bill if you go over your call/data allowance. That I didn't know until recently - don't you think that would be nice to know??
Please detail oh dark one.

PS agree on the call centres - you might as well yell into your toilet water to get any issue solved. Didn't have any luck dealing with shops with that particular issue. Otherwise the internet is fast and the bundles are great.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Please detail oh dark one.
You need to monitor your usage to do this but... In the case of going over your call allowance, you can up your plan before your billing period ends. You can't downgrade your plan lower than what you originally signed up for, but you can increase it and lower it back to the original amount again at will.

If you have a good payment record and you get a huge bill, if you go to a Telstra shop so they will speak on your behalf to Telstra without you having to fight with them over the phone, they will give you a hefty discount OR allow you to up the plan to compensate. This is a one off thing however and you can't do this regularly.

For data, if you can see your data usage is going to go over your allowance, add on a data pack. $15 gets you an extra GB. $30 gets you 2GB etc. You can get up to 8GB. This will be added on to every bill from thereon in however, so you need to put the data pack on, then have it removed for the following month. If you have gone over your data usage, add the data pack straight away. You will still have to pay the increased amount for what you went over before the data pack, but it will stop the bill from getting more out of control.