Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Looks great, Jimmy, all very healthy!

What happened to the zoa colonies? Did you sell them on?
Hey dude, narh they're in there..just the orange centre ones don't look good with the iPad camera and the reds and golds aren't fully opened so I didn't take a picture of them. Lol..the oranges just look real dull..but in person they're one of the best moprhs of zoanthids I've seen.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Here's a picture I just took of the zoanthid colony...can see on the bottom right..the red and golds are too happy. @chimaera
image.jpg

And here's a shot of my zoanthids with my clown photo bombing..like they do every other photo..I have to feed my tank..in order to get them to stop following me.
image.jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hey dude, narh they're in there..just the orange centre ones don't look good with the iPad camera and the reds and golds aren't fully opened so I didn't take a picture of them. Lol..the oranges just look real dull..but in person they're one of the best moprhs of zoanthids I've seen.
Hmm haven't tried photographing the frag I took but I agree, they are an awesome zoa, one of the best 'centres' I have seen and nice long fringes. If the fringes were bright too they would be unbelievable.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Here's a picture I just took of the zoanthid colony...can see on the bottom right..the red and golds are too happy. @chimaera View attachment 16474

And here's a shot of my zoanthids with my clown photo bombing..like they do every other photo..I have to feed my tank..in order to get them to stop following me.View attachment 16476
Hmm you are right, they look crappy in that shot! haha.

Odd about the others ... might be worth trying a dip? They are partly open it seems ... weird.

Haha love the clown photobomb.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hmm haven't tried photographing the frag I took but I agree, they are an awesome zoa, one of the best 'centres' I have seen and nice long fringes. If the fringes were bright too they would be unbelievable.
Yeahs that's what I meant. The shape and size of the polyp itself and fringe it has..all my other zoas are smaller and aren't as nicely sized as that one.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hmm you are right, they look crappy in that shot! haha.

Odd about the others ... might be worth trying a dip? They are partly open it seems ... weird.

Haha love the clown photobomb.
Yeah that's I meant..lol they're all partly opened..none of them are actuslly closed up tight..might give them a dip in revive to see how that goes..but other than that.,,everyone else is cranking..just can't figure out why the reds and golds aren't happy..

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Also....on a side note. Got my hands on the last two polyps of this sexy ass blue green fringe zoanthid frag from reeflections and these super nice people eaters. Props to Simon.
image.jpg
image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Update:

1. Received my order from reeflections today, got the two zoas above..updates with pictures as they open..hopefully tomorrow when I come home from work they'll look sweet. Super keen in the blue ones to open..also got a couple free frags of birdnest to try out. Wish I wasn't going on holiday before I left them..but they're ar just frags..anyways.

2. Got a nice covered frag tile of blue/purple with gold rim palythoas.

3. Looking forward to receiving my Osmolator tomorrow.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
My blues still aren't open yet, picked them up on Sunday. Hope they pull through though!
Hopefully mine open tomorrow. They didn't look to well when they arrived..the people eaters on the other hand surprisingly nearly fully opened 30 minutes in the tank. How many polyps did you get @chimaera ?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hopefully mine open tomorrow. They didn't look to well when they arrived..the people eaters on the other hand surprisingly nearly fully opened 30 minutes in the tank. How many polyps did you get @chimaera ?
Just 2 polyps (I thought that was all that was available). Saw them open at the store, guess they are just still pissed at the transfer.